post #11 of (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 19, 1:27 AM
Pioneer4x4
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: '67 Chevelle 396SS Carpet Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschevelle View Post
Yes, both were available. But no, there actually is not one single blue piece inside a 67 bright blue interior that is the same color as the corresponding part in a 67 medium blue interior. The seat covers, door panels, windlace, window cranks, carpet, seat belts, kick panels, dash pad, package tray, and headliner, are all different. And the primary interior metal paint color is different too (bright blue is a variant of Marina Blue, medium blue is a variant of Nantucket Blue). And the darker 0-gloss paint on the top of the dash is also different (bright blue just has a darker variant of Marina Blue, while medium blue has a totally different hue of blue which, like the carpet, is a whole lot darker than everything else).

I count at least 9 different colors of blue on the various pieces in my medium blue Elcamino interior!! By contrast, a bright blue interior is pretty much all one color, except the carpet, dash top and dash pad being a little darker.

Bob - I am still getting the inside put together. Had a holdup on the heater core -- we lost it!! I didn't want to put the carpet and seat in until that is done. But we found it earlier this week so hopefully can get it all done in the next couple weeks. Will try to remember to get a pic posted in this thread.
Thank you!

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome