Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - One or two side view mirror(s) ?
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 19, 4:02 PM
Pioneer4x4
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: One or two side view mirror(s) ?

My 1967 El Camino only has driver's side mirror. I wanted to put a 2nd one on, but after driving it for a couple years and thousands of miles, I realize I don't need it. Yes it would probably be better with it, but it is fine without it. I can see everything on that side no problem, no blind spots for a car to hide on the highway. On my 2015 Charger, and my wife's XT5, I would be afraid to drive without the side mirrors. Visibility in my El Camino is MUCH better than new cars. Thanks to those close and small pillars that will probably collapse if I ever get in a serious accident. I like the blind spot alerts on new cars, and I really like tilt down mirrors when in reverse. Actually reverse is the only real thing I miss a passenger side mirror for.
IF I wanted a 2nd mirror, I would probably get 2 new ones that matched. I can't think of the last time a car was made with door mount chrome mirrors to use as a donor. My 1980 Sunbird only had 1 mirror, but if you got 2, they were the body color sport mirrors. Maybe one of the mid 1980s B Body cars.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome