Team Chevelle banner

Put out an APB, BOLO, for a '69 Chevelle SS

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Bobert33 
#1 · (Edited)
This was my Dad's first true love and he's decided he wants to find it and restore it back (if need be) to its original glory. It was love at first sight for him. He tells a story about seeing it on the showroom floor for the first time and all. I just wanna help him find it.

So, here's what I've got:

VIN ending in 313086
Auto on the column, 396 w/325 hp, air conditioning, am/fm radio, white vinyl top, white vinyl interior, bench seat, and it was garnet red exterior. He had added chrome door guards, corvette sidepipes, and keystone mags.

Of course over time those things can come and go, but I wanted to share as much as I could. The last known whereabouts of the car can be traced back to Shannon, NC...close to Fort Bragg Army Base. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I do have the full VIN but was told not to post it. I've tried googling it to no avail.

The last registered owner in NC is known but that was way back in 1979. His parents sold it to a used car lot and that's where our trail ends. The car was in good shape at the time. That car lot was in Shannon, NC but has since been turned into a trailer park. These small towns are all fairly close to Fayetteville.

I like the idea of putting an ad in the paper with a picture or two. I will suggest that to my old man. You forget that there are others who appreciate cars out there and would recognize it. Thanks for the advice!

#6 · (Edited)
I’d also post on local, to that area, Facebook car related pages. If there are any speedshops in the area try and get in touch with them.

If the car survived into the mid to late-80’s in good condition the odds of it still existing increased dramatically.

Pictures will matter more than a VIN when trying to jog someone’s memory. The VIN is useful for searching internet and people’s records as well as confirming the identity of the car, but probably not much else.

Steve R

#9 ·
Depending how badly you are wanting to find the car, consider hiring a private investigator.

They will have resources within law enforcement willing to do things for them that they will not for the general public.

Of course its not free and could still get you a dead end- but its likely to at least get some answers especially since you do have the vin #.
The records do exist- its just a matter of finding the person who can track them for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.