View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 19, 3:08 PM Thread Starter
mdelgado
Tech Team
Mike

Re: Need Help Diagnosing Popping

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown70 View Post
Hey bud why not start by firing it up and then pull #1 plug wire. See what that does to the pop. At least you can verify the cylinder. Iím thinking ignition...go around your cap and make sure your firing order is correct. Iíve seen sillier things happen. Iíve also seen wires backwards and not backfire so worth a check.
I don't know how, but I put the timing light on it and it was at TDC at idle. I put it back to 16* where I thought it was before the winter and the popping seemed to go away. I wonder if the engine being 16 degrees off from what the Fitech thought it was at, was messing with the system?
I did do a drop test and I didn't hear any change. Weather still isn't too nice here, so I'll play with it more. The little that I did mess around I still don't think it sounds great.

67 Chevelle 454, M21
Gen IV 454 (out of C30 ), 390 heads 1.88/2.19 valves by Vortecpro, with ISKY Hyd Roller cam (at 050 218 int./228 exh, lift 530 int./552 exh.), RPM performer intake, Fitech 600HP, Dougs headers, and M21, Gear Vendors OD, 3.73's, UMI Suspension, Viking coilovers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome