Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Taking it to the track
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 19, 9:10 AM Thread Starter
Blown1932
Lifetime Premium Member
Allen

Taking it to the track

Okay, I almost didn't post this just in case things go wrong and/or my hopes and dreams are shattered by the harsh reality of altitude and timing clocks.

Taking the new build to a test and tune this morning. 1/4 mile track in Pueblo Co (4662 ft) with a forecast for the sun and the mid 80s.

Have about 100 street miles on it and ran through a break in cycle for the new gears. Put it on the lift yesterday and installed lighter springs on the front coilovers, did a new car nut and bolt check, verified rear suspension set up, etc... so hoping it is ready.

I've been down a track a few times but am by no means experienced so I am very grateful that Mark is going to meet me at the track. It will be great to have a friend there to share in the experience and his knowledge will be very welcomed!

My goal has (for quite some time) been to have a 10 second pump gas N/A street car (it even gas cup holders ). Car is heavy (~3600) so I don't know if it will happen but we are going to give it a try.

It's a drive so I'm going to finish loading the truck and head out, wish me luck.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome