View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 19, 12:25 PM
Andy69
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Re: Total Electrical Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogjr66 View Post
Hi All. So a week ago, while driving home late at night - I experienced my first ever total electrical loss on my '69. I unfortunately had to have it towed home. Had power at battery (used jumpers to confirm) and that was it. Long story short - I found a green wire (1 of 2) in my bright beam lamp had came out of the blade connection. I read on this forum about turning on wipers while checking for shorts, etc. So I did that. Low and behold - when I rewired the blade connector with both feeds into it - the wipers went into motion, my interior lights came on - and she fired right up. How is that even possible? I'm afraid to leave the garage.
Electrical stuff is weird. I was ready to throw in the towel on my CRX autocross car last week. I had spark but no fuel, the main relay (with one circuit dedicated to the fuel pump) was bad, so I replaced it. 12v to the proper terminals on the relay closed it, and I had 12v with the key on to the requisite spades on the connector. Jumping the connector terminals ran the fuel pump, yet with the two connected, the pump wouldn't run with the key in the on position. WTH?? Turns out it was a bad ground on the engine block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome