View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 19, 1:50 AM
NickeyChevelle
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Location: White Bear Lake, a northeast suburb of St. Paul, MinneSNOWta
Garage
Re: Good Vendor / Bad Vendor

Many Retailers will give you better deals if you purchase large quantities of parts at one time, and combined shipping. Also, many Retailers will happily price match other Retailers. The big thing I learned is that Customer Service is often more important than a low price. That illusion of low price goes away when you have to ship a purchase back to the Retailer because the part is substandard.

I stopped ordering from one Retailer because IF one or more items on the invoice was in "backorder" status you'd NEVER, ever get those parts unless you called the Retailer and had Customer Service check up on them. I don't know what's wrong with their system, but backorders seem to fall off the edge of the earth. It just happened to me again two weeks ago: I ordered a new 3-spoke Comfort Grip Steering Wheel (with the "SS" in the horn cap that is a Ground Up exclusive so I had to order it for them) and sure enough, the Install Kit was on "backorder." When I finally called I was told the kit as in stock and should have shipped: what a PITA. Their shipping / handling costs have been outrageous (I used to get boxes that had been resealed with no less than 30 staples -- those staples aren't free-- and would indicate to me that an employee has an dysfunctional attitude). The Retailer used to be a sponsor here and at one time gave us a 10% discount, but apparently our comments signaled an "ungrateful attitude." The Retailer no longer sponsors Team Chevelle.

BTW: If you were running their Shipping Department, wouldn't you hold the shipment of a KIT until all the components comprising the KIT were in hand? It's not like I can do anything until I have the entire KIT! PLUS, now I have to pay extra shipping! PMOBT!

Anyway, I give Summit Racing super high marks, I seldom have an issue and when I do their CS is fantastic.

Our You Tube Vids:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome