Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Best radio and wiring harness
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 19, 3:25 PM Thread Starter
barkerpa3466
Tech Team
Paul

Re: Best radio and wiring harness

Ok I have ordered the painless harness and it is on its way now a little more into the specifics on the audio side of things.

The Plan for the Audio is to make a system that is essentially the equivalent to a modern car from the factory……maybe with a bit more punch. I am not a audiophile just want to make sure I don’t have any glaring flaws in my plan, I have installed several amps and speakers in cars so I am not stranger to it but this will be my first time using a crossover. Main uses are going to be Music (Rock/Metal/Country), Am talk radio and audiobooks.

Deck: is going to be the Retro Sound Daytona it has preouts for front, Rear and Sub.
Amp 1: is going to be Rockford Fosgate Punch P600X4 4-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 4
Amp 2: is going to be Rockford Fosgate Punch P500X2 2-channel car amplifier 150 watts RMS x 2

Goal for the front is like I said before essentially like a modern car so the plan is a 3 way cross over and using a 6 ˝ woofer in the kick panels, tweeter in the A pillars and small mids in the center dash location.

Crossover: Audiopipe CRX-303 RMS 150 watts Woofer Frequency: 20Hz-500Hz, Midrange Frequency: 500Hz-3.5KHz Tweeter Frequency: 3KHz-20KHz 4 ohms

Woofer with tweeter: Polk Audio DB 6502 4 ohms Frequency Response 35-23k Hz RMS 100 watts

Center speakers: Kenwood Dash 40 Watts not a lot of info from OPGI

Rear Speakers: Kenwood KFC- 6985PS Frequency Response 63 - 20k Hz 4 ohms RMS 115 watts

Sub: 2 X Rockford Fosgate Punch P1S2-10 10 inch Frequency Response 23 - 250 Hz RMS 250 watts

For the subs I would like to put them into a bandpass box, I have not picked one yet I still need to measure out the trunk or I might try and make my own.

And I know that some one is going to bring it up so yes I know that I need to make sure that I have an appropriately sized alternator for the Amps and other electronics I will be running. As well as the appropriate gauge of wire for the power side of things.

The only questions I have are does anyone know who might sell a bracket for the center dash speakers so I can choose my own speakers that will match my crossover, and second does anyone sell an A pillar with a hole for the tweeter? If not no big deal I can make my own bracket for the speakers and I have wanted to try my hand at fiberglass for awhile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevelleradio.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	590964  

Last edited by barkerpa3466; Apr 5th, 19 at 3:27 PM. Reason: spelling

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome