View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 19, 11:11 AM
DaleM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Re: Fisher Body sequence number double Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymalibubu72 View Post
Dale, I don't believe it is. I see 4 listed. this one was a Nov/69 build (ends with ...1799) and was a GM account car for 3 yrs. We have all the original ss equipment except for the motor, transmission and driveshaft. We are confirming if the body/frame is indeed the originals. It was in a collision around 82-83, insurance write-off (buckled frame driver side)that's when my brother purchased it as a parts car. Sold the gutted body/frame to a guy who wanted the quarter panels. Fortunately, the car survived the lynching and is now a parked rat-rod. Still hunting for the motor and transmission or what's left of it. If we can't get the motor/trans/driveshaft I'm not sure if it would qualify for your registry?? I just picked up a 502HO NOS for $5K yesterday, of course it's not without it's headaches to get this properly fitted into the Chevelle along with a Tremec TKO 600 5 Speed.
The registry is only concerned with whether a car was 'born' a specific way; in this case, was it born as an LS5 car? Current engine/trans/etc. configuration is not relevant as far as the registry is concerned. There are quite a number of modified Chevelles (and Novas/Camaros/etc.) in my other registries as well. Having paperwork showing the car (by its VIN) is an LS5 car certainly qualifies it for the LS5 Registry. Same holds true for others like my LS6 Registry (many have replacement engines), my SS396 Registry, etc.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome