post #7 of (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 19, 2:01 PM
Greg P
Lifetime Premium Member
Greg

Garage
Re: First wax or polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post
My buddy's who own body shops all tell me the same thing, never wax base coat clear coat.. They say wax yellows the paint..
For your awareness, here's a statement from the Wax Forum, sponsored by Mothers.

"Myth: 'My salesman told me because my new car's paint has a clearcoat, or it has a special dealer-added coating, I don't have to wax it.'"

"False. All paint must be periodically clayed, cleaned and waxed to protect it from damage due to contamination, dirt and UV rays. Many consumer advice publications recommend against dealer-added paint protection programs, as they are often overpriced synthetic wax and are only as good as their installation, which can vary greatly with regard to attention to detail. They still have to be maintained with routine applications."

FAQ: New Car Paint Care Myths - Wax Forum

Greg

My 68
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and my 68
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. In 1968 I got my
66 Chevelle SS. 30 years later, I got my
. Both Chevelles are in the same location.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome