post #2 of (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 19, 8:34 PM
NW68SSBBC
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage
Re: 67 Dash Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROCK142 View Post
After reading a thread I thought about trying to get my old dash clock to work on my 67 that I removed and put a blank plate in. I took the clock apart last night and cleaned the points and winded it up and put it together to test. There is power and at the contacts it sparks and opens and then it winds down and when the contacts touch they spark and open again. The clock doesn't tick and it is not frozen or have dirty gears because I can spin it easily now and hear a tick. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If it winds down and resets and repeats it should be working. I can't hear very well and if I put my ear right up to it I can just hear it. But it's not loud to me. While it's windings down you should see the little wheel spinning and gear movement. Do they move?

"... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome