Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - clay barring recommendations
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 19, 7:03 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Re: clay barring recommendations

The daily driver, which is black, gets the clay bar treatment every spring, after a winter of road salt and other indignities. Wash the car first with something like Meguires Gold Class car wash. Next break out the clay bar. They say to only use the lube that is included with the clay bar kit, but in a pinch you could use spot detailing spray. Constantly check the bar for any contaminants that you can see or feel, and knead the bar often or you will be grinding the contaminants back into the paint. I really don't see any need to use it on bright work but you could. You could also try it on your glass if you find it to be stubborn to get clean. I really don't see anyplace where it would be appropriate on any interior pieces. I never mask anything, I just pay attention when I do it freehand. You must wax after using a bar because it strips off any wax. On my black car I used to finish it with Liquid Glass, but they stopped selling it around here. Since then they have opened a Chemical Guys detailing supply store in neighboring Pickering, so I bought some of their brand of specific Black Luminous Glow Infusion. Today the car has about 250k & 9 years of daily driving and it still looks practically new. On the news today they said that they will have dumped 11 to 13,000 tons of salt around the city.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome