Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Does anyone know of a wiring harness rebuild service?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 19, 4:06 PM
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: Does anyone know of a wiring harness rebuild service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggycat2014 View Post
The reason why I'm looking for a rebuild service versus purchase (new) is strictly cost. I am performing a full frame off on my 68 and the costs are already stratospheric. Only trying to save a little money.

The harness on my Chevelle is salvageable and replacementment dash harness costs are roughly $500/550. If I could rebuild the current harness for half that, I'm ahead of the game. The harness would be restored and tested when I get it back, and I could bolt it back into a freshly painted body as part of assembly.

Mike
I used the services mentioned above (link to the classifieds). I have yet to install, but everything looks great...

I am unsure on the '68+, but I did have an issue with not initially getting a replacement piece (one of the tangs at the bulkhead was broken, and I had requested a replacement with good tangs), but a replacement was promptly sent...

I used those services for exactly the same reasoning, strictly cost as the ~$250+ savings seemed like a good idea for me... Of course, with all the other harnesses being brand new, I sometimes question my decision...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome