New Company Health Insurance Rules - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

5Likes
  • 1 Post By jackie schmidt
  • 1 Post By JohnnySS
  • 2 Post By Stokerboats
  • 1 Post By cuisinartvette

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 17, 4:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage
New Company Health Insurance Rules

Because of so much fraud concerning Health Insurance my wife's company is now requesting prove of whoever is on the Health Insurance policy must be officially recognized as a member of your family. She had to submit a copy of the first page of our 2016 Federal Tax return plus a government copy of our Marriage Certificate with the seal on it. When she went to City Hall today for the Marriage Certificate they said a lot of companies are requesting this now.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 17, 4:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Re: New Company Health Insurance Rules

I don't blame the company at all. Be glad they still offer insurance. Millions of people lost their policies.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 17, 6:30 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage

Same happened to me, they also said that if my wife was employed and her company offered health insurance, she could not be on my policy and had to go with her company health plan.

The problem with designing something completely foolproof, is you underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 17, 9:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

As a Business Owner, I'm kind of on the other end of this.

As a part of my men's employment package, we furnish the men's health insurance, paid in full. We have been doing this for quite a few years.

Since Obamacare was created approx 7 years past, our rates have steadily risen. We are not in Obamacare, but our insurance carrier blames it anyway as a reason for upping our rates.

The cost of our Shop's health insurance is now our second biggest operating expense, Labor payroll being the first.

7 years ago our complete package was approx $75,000. We have eleven men plus me and my two brothers. We are all on the same plan. This year it topped $200,000.

That much increase in less than seven years. No end in sight.
blue_69_malibu likes this.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 17, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db11020 View Post
Same happened to me, they also said that if my wife was employed and her company offered health insurance, she could not be on my policy and had to go with her company health plan.

The problem with designing something completely foolproof, is you underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)
My company did not force my wife to get her own policy with her employer but rather is charging me a premium to carry her. Many companies have started to do this. Since i have the better benefits we went with my health insurance as opposed to her going solo with hers. This is a very, very, complex issue with or without the A.C.A. Whether it stays, gets updated, or done away with it is really not going to change much. Too many players involved -insurance companies, medical/pharmacy providers, federal and state laws/regulations etc etc - wanting a piece of the pie with the Govt. trying to keep citizens safe. It has taken many decades to get where we are at and there is no simple solution.
DJsSS likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 17, 11:05 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post

Since Obamacare was created approx 7 years past, our rates have steadily risen. We are not in Obamacare, but our insurance carrier blames it anyway as a reason for upping our rates.
Insurance rates were rising steadily before Obamacare, and would have continued to, with or without it.

HealthPopuli.com

68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 17, 12:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post

As a part of my men's employment package, we furnish the men's health insurance, paid in full. We have been doing this for quite a few years.

The cost of our Shop's health insurance is now our second biggest operating expense, Labor payroll being the first.

7 years ago our complete package was approx $75,000. We have eleven men plus me and my two brothers. We are all on the same plan. This year it topped $200,000.

That much increase in less than seven years. No end in sight.
As long as Insurance companies own Congress it most likely won't get any cheaper either. You think the gov really cares about all the pain pill abuse? I'd bet it's more like their lobby is pissed it is costing them so much for prescriptions.
dyno jonn and lucifershammer like this.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.315 60'
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 17, 3:47 PM
Senior Tech Team
Roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McGill View Post
Insurance rates were rising steadily before Obamacare, and would have continued to, with or without it.

HealthPopuli.com
True... The difference is someone could choose to buy the policy that THEY wanted. Men weren't getting maternity coverage, and women weren't getting coverage specifically for men. Consumers could also choose not to buy any policy at all without having to answer to the IRS.

I can only imagine WHY this company now chooses to make people prove people being insured under their policies are indeed family.

"The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap."

-Ayn Rand
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 17, 4:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
True... The difference is someone could choose to buy the policy that THEY wanted. Men weren't getting maternity coverage, and women weren't getting coverage specifically for men. Consumers could also choose not to buy any policy at all without having to answer to the IRS.

I can only imagine WHY this company now chooses to make people prove people being insured under their policies are indeed family.
They're doing it because there is so much fraud going on that people that they have on their insurance have no right to be on it.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 17, 11:06 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post

They don't need to buy anything. When they show up at the emergency room for ANYTHING and the hospital must admit them, their cost is added to your bill, both at the insurance company in higher premium rates, AND in my area also added to my real estate taxes! $20M within the county - just a single county! Funny how many people I know locally do not realize the hundreds of dollars on they real estate tax. Making EVERYONE pay, should lower both insurance premiums as well as the local real estate taxes! Make 'em pay. Everyone needs healthcare and everyone should contribute. Otherwise turn them away from the emergency rooms. Letting them off the hook, was a way to get their vote at OUR expanse. So I continue to pay for deadbeats.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 17, 12:03 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKalin View Post
They're doing it because there is so much fraud going on that people that they have on their insurance have no right to be on it.
x2
know someone whos miliking MediCal, disability..same name as his Dads who gets the same bennies..and lives in a differnet country. Pizzes me off to no end.
Was able to sign up my gifrfriend as domestic partner so shes insured legitimately....being 61 with health stuff thank god meds are a friggin SCAM.
HKalin likes this.

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 787 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.