Chevy colorado - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 17, 7:46 PM Thread Starter
jac
Lifetime Premium Member

Chevy colorado

Does anyone own a Z71 Colorado,Looking to buy a 2017 if they go on sale for 4th of July Thanks Joe

70ss nassau blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 17, 8:50 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Re: Chevy colorado

I have a 2015. Mine is a 4X4 crewcab standard bed (instead of the shorter bed). I like it. 2017 V6 is different; has cylinder deactivation.

68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 9:46 AM
Tech Team
Red

I was looking at one that belonged to an electrician that was doing work for a buddy of mine. He had it all tricked out with goodies like bush bar front bumper, winch, aggressive tires and wheels, lots of stainless checker plate etc. I asked him if I could sit in it to check it out because one of these may be my next truck when I retire my 01 Silverado. I found the seat hard and uncomfortable compared to my Silverado but the thing that killed any desire for me to own one of these or its Canyon cousin was just as the guy was about to leave I asked him to stomp on the loud pedle as he departed so I could hear what the inline 5 cylinder sounded like under hard acceleration. That was a big fail to my ears, the sound of a large blender comes to mind. So they're putting sixes in them now?

Sometimes a man's got to do what a woman would never consider.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 9:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

I have a 2010 4X4 Crew Cab with the V8. The all aluminum 5.3 makes it an entirely different truck. Currently has 98K on it and have only had 1 issue where the electronic throttle position sensor went out to lunch. Had it fixed under warranty @ around 20K. Has been trouble free ever since. Love it! It gets between 18 and 22 mpg depending on how much I hammer on it.

TC# 3439
MCC# 742
ACES# 7415
1968 SS396 138 code 408/M20/3.73 Truetrac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 10:01 AM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

Do any of you guys hate the steering wheel?

The new ones have what appear to be the same wheel that's on my wife's 2011 Camaro RS.....which I can not stand. At all.

Truck is otherwise intriguing to me.

'69 Malibu 383/TCI TH350/8.2 3.36 Eaton Posi. Street Edge 10" 2800, E-Tec 170s, Custom Mike Jones HR Cam, RPM Air-Gap, StreetAvenger 770, Pertronix HEI, Hedman 1 5/8" Headers, Moser Axles, PMT 1320R Kit. [email protected] 111 MPH, 1.6865 60 ft, Nitto 555
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Redneck View Post
I was looking at one that belonged to an electrician that was doing work for a buddy of mine. He had it all tricked out with goodies like bush bar front bumper, winch, aggressive tires and wheels, lots of stainless checker plate etc. I asked him if I could sit in it to check it out because one of these may be my next truck when I retire my 01 Silverado. I found the seat hard and uncomfortable compared to my Silverado but the thing that killed any desire for me to own one of these or its Canyon cousin was just as the guy was about to leave I asked him to stomp on the loud pedle as he departed so I could hear what the inline 5 cylinder sounded like under hard acceleration. That was a big fail to my ears, the sound of a large blender comes to mind. So they're putting sixes in them now?
Inline 5 was from last generation. They are "All new" for 2015, with a inline 4, 305hp V-6, or turbo diesel starting in 2016. All new 308hp V6 for 2017; no inline 5.

68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_69_malibu View Post
Do any of you guys hate the steering wheel?

The new ones have what appear to be the same wheel that's on my wife's 2011 Camaro RS.....which I can not stand. At all.

Truck is otherwise intriguing to me.
I like mine fine, but for 2016, they moved some controls to the back of the wheel, which I'm not sure I'd like.

68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
jac
Lifetime Premium Member

Chevy has been running sales except Colorado, hoping July 4th sale.Looking at Z71 ,want to replace my 2007 Trailblazer. Still do not know why Chevy does not make a Trailblazer.

70ss nassau blue
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 17, 1:20 AM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Chevy has been running sales except Colorado, hoping July 4th sale.Looking at Z71 ,want to replace my 2007 Trailblazer. Still do not know why Chevy does not make a Trailblazer.
I agree. I have an '06 Envoy, 5.3L V8. I'd love to replace it with another but any mid size SUVs don't seem to have the V8 anymore. An SUV based on the Colorado would be great for those of us not wanting a huge Tahoe (or the huge price tag!).

They do still make the trailblazer for the overseas market. Its styling I don't think would sell well in North America.

Ron
'87 Camaro IROC-Z L98
'69 300 Deluxe SS396

Founding member of
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 17, 5:15 AM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Per gminsidenews.com, supposedly a Trailblazer based on a Colorado/Canyon chassis will arrive in MY '20 or '21.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15
[img]

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 17, 11:38 AM
T_R
Senior Tech Team
Tom

I saw the 2017 Colorado Z71, it was the Chevy ride and drive car at Barrett Jackson. It look nice to me. I wanted to take it for a drive but the line looked hours long. If it was available 2 years ago I would have considered it instead of the 2015 F150 I got. I need a truck but honestly don't really need a full size one.

Tom

66 Chevelle crew cab 454 FiTech TKO 600 5 speed
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 17, 12:05 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

I'm on my second 2008 Trailblazer with 4WD and the inline 6. It's everything a mid-sized SUV is supposed to be....and actually has a frame. I really think there is/would be a strong demand for these vehicles.

Also, trucks have become ridiculously huge in recent years as the Big 3 and Toyota are really milking the market for all it's worth. But not everybody needs to haul 8,000 pounds.

Remember how popular and useful the S10 and Ford Ranger Pickups were? There was a reason for that. Not everyone needs a giant pickup AND not everyone wants a new truck payment that is almost equivalent to a mortgage payment.
Bow_Tied and davewho1 like this.

'69 Malibu 383/TCI TH350/8.2 3.36 Eaton Posi. Street Edge 10" 2800, E-Tec 170s, Custom Mike Jones HR Cam, RPM Air-Gap, StreetAvenger 770, Pertronix HEI, Hedman 1 5/8" Headers, Moser Axles, PMT 1320R Kit. [email protected] 111 MPH, 1.6865 60 ft, Nitto 555
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 17, 8:46 PM Thread Starter
jac
Lifetime Premium Member

well no sale this month,all other Chevy's have been 17% off. Last day for 2017 production July 22 and 2018 start on July24. One dealer has 40 Colorado's for the last few months and none have seen to move .Hate to buy one and do not get 17% discount

70ss nassau blue
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 17, 11:36 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

FWIW, a lot of people are expecting excess Inventory of 2017 models when the 2018s come out. I'm expecting discounts to the tune of 10K on the full sized trucks around October/November.....not that I want one right now.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 17, 12:39 AM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by von View Post
Per gminsidenews.com, supposedly a Trailblazer based on a Colorado/Canyon chassis will arrive in MY '20 or '21.

That's great news! I'd love it if they made a ZR2 trailblazer!

Ron
'87 Camaro IROC-Z L98
'69 300 Deluxe SS396

Founding member of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 804 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.