Sleep number bed - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 16, 7:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dustin

Sleep number bed

Just curious if anyone here has a sleep number bed and what their thoughts were on it. Is getting time to replace our mattress and we are looking at all options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 16, 7:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Re: Sleep number bed

Bought one back in 1998 cause of a bad back...still going strong today. Love it! Just replaced the air pump this year. Has the two bladders so you can have different pressures per side. Bought mine back when it was a 5000 model. Expensive, but considering it is still in good shape almost 20 years later, I feel good about that.
rel3rd likes this.

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 16, 9:14 PM
Senior Tech Team

I've had one about 10 years and it's nice to be able to adjust when you want. Sometimes I like a firmer mattress and sometimes I like to sleep in a hammock.

A friend of mine bought one on my recommendation and went whole hog with the one that inclines like a hospital bed. Says he loves it.

Any model you get is going to be more expensive than most regular mattress though. Be prepared.

And if you have a store near you, it's nice to be able to go try before you buy.

I had an issue with the pump and they sent me a refurb unit for little to no cost. I was happy with the customer service.

Jeff

`You can't beat City Hall, but you can piss on the steps."
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 6:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Garage
Thumbs up Re: Sleep number bed

Mine's about 13 years old. Hope I don't jinx myself, but have never had an issue. Only "maintenance" I've ever had to do is replace battery in the remote. I also have the double/separate sided model.

Only thing I can say is get a standard size...we got an expanded Queen, I think it's called, and it is in between a Queen and King (and longer), so finding sheets that fit it is nearly impossible...unless of course, you buy them directly from Sleep Number...coincidentally, they sell them...

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
6.0, 4L80e, 3.73's = [email protected], 1.49
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 7:17 AM
Senior Tech Team

That is the one complaint that my friend has. He can only get sheets through them.

Jeff

`You can't beat City Hall, but you can piss on the steps."
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 8:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

Have had one a few years now. I love it. Granted it's a glorified air mattress,and costs too much, but having the ability to change the settings is great.

John B
ďIt isnít the enemy that ruined America. Itís good people who bent over and let the enemy in. If the coyoteís in your living room pissing on your couch, itís not the coyoteís fault. Itís your fault for not shooting him.Ē Uncle Ted
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 12:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

As stated, it is an overpriced air-mattress, but since my wife weighs half what I do, we needed different firmness. So the twin mattress queen works for us. Also, I can't fit a typical queen size mattress up my 1930's bungalow stairway...this was the only way to get a queen size to the second story... Sleep Number prices are insane for accessories.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 2:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Mike

Garage

Ditto to all of the above - we have had ours for about 14 years.... no problems and we sleep well.
Mikes64 likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 3:00 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 4:19 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Ive got one too.
I got a california king(my old waterbed frame)and the 9" mattress.I use off the shelf calif king sheets.
Online at QVC,free delivery and they warranty them for 20 years.

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/TH400

Project-

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dustin

So we looked at them and we liked them but the model we liked the most was over $6600 dollars. We ended up getting a hybrid mattress (half memory foam half coil spring) from a traditional store. It ended up being half the cost and has a 120 night return policy with no implications. We just couldn't justify the expense on the sleep number the one we bought has a 10 year warranty and came with a bunch of extras.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 1:26 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Sleep Number QSeries 5.1 FL Mattress Set w/ADAT & Modular Base ? QVC.com

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/TH400

Project-

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 3:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dustin

Those are sold exclusively for QVC not sure how they compare to the store models. We really liked the I10 even over the I8 but didn't care for any of the other models.

We bought the Beautyrest Jennings Black Hybrid Plush Mattress

1955 Ford Thunderbird
1969 Triumph TR6
1972 Chevelle - 396, 4 Speed
1992 Acura Integra
2002 Yamaha R1
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 6:38 PM
Tech Team
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegguy View Post
Just curious if anyone here has a sleep number bed and what their thoughts were on it. Is getting time to replace our mattress and we are looking at all options
We have had ours for a few (4? Maybe longer) years and we like it over a traditional bed. I want to say it was like $3k or something with no interest for a year.it doesn't raise or lower like some of the higher end models do. Overall, we like it. I had hurt the nerve in my shoulder several years back, and sleeping on it aggravated it and my wife has had back issues all of her life. Sleeping has been much better on it for us than a traditional bed.

Now-a-days I've been eyeing up the Purple mattress:

1968 Chevelle Malibu 454, mild cam, 30 over, 12-bolt 3.73 rear
1972 Chevelle Malibu 350, radical cam, 30 over, 10-bolt 3.55 rear
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6L (281), Stock
There are no Ford vs. Chevy wars in my garage. It's all U.S. muscle.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 7:05 PM
Tech Team

Garage

Got one. Love it. Saved myself several hundred bucks by opting not to get the fancy memory foam pillow top. Hit up Costco for one of their memory gel foam toppers and placed it inside the cover instead of the sleep number foam it came with.

'69 Malibu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1071 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.