yard sale finds. - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 16, 9:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Re: yard sale finds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthlc View Post
Man, I need to change neighborhoods, nothing around mine but baby furniture and busted lawn mowers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by augy View Post
One thing I've discovered: check out the yard sales in the upper-class neighborhoods. Seems like people with lots of money sell their really nice stuff for cheap just because they get tired of it, want it gone, and then spend big bucks to buy something new and fashionable. That's where I found those 26" wheels. That same sale had large flat-screen TV's, expensive clothing, jewelry, and fancy almost-new furniture sitting out on the driveway....cheap. In the garage was a Mercedes, a BMW, and a Hummer.....

I think they felt sorry for me because I was driving an old '67 El Camino....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
All the yard sales around here are baby to young kids toys and stuff.... Never anything good so I stopped going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHED View Post
We go to upscale subdivisions around here ,I bought my 72 El Camino at one for a bargain w/ the bed full of NOS GM parts .I have bought many good parts at yard sales over the years .Last year I bought a set of 67/68 Chevy truck dog dish caps for $2 each and sold them for $100 which was still a bargain .I also bought a set of complete airbags for inside the coil springs for my El Camino for a whopping $3 ,and a set of 50 Ford truck dog dish caps for $2 each which I sold to a friend for $30 which was a deal but he is a good friend .I love a good yard sale ,you just have to be willing to look .My wife bought me a restored Texaco gas pump which I have in our home office a few years back for $1000 at a yard sale ,I was offered double my money on it when I had it on my trailer coming home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
The trick is to learn where the right neighborhoods are for yard sales. New subdivisions or neighborhoods with HOA's are usually a waste of time for the typical gear head. You need to find older areas. Houses with actual yards and alleys where people can get cars into the back yards. Jim

I think I consider myself a professional yard saler...
I can hit over 200 sales on a Saturday.

Check out two apps...
1. Garage Sales by maps http://gsalr.com/
2. Yard sale treasure. Yard Sale Treasure Map ? Chart your course to yard sale treasure!

If you have a high end cell phone, such as a note 5 (mine), or S-6, check out the dual screen ability and open one of the apps I posted above along with the ebay app.

Use yard sale treasure and pick a sale or group of sales, when you arrive there look on the tables carefully and when you think something is worth something search for it on the ebay app but make sure you have "completed" and "sold" boxes checked. You can paint a picture of what something will sell for then compare that price to what they are asking.

These apps allow you to search key words also, such as "community" "multi" "neighborhood"...if your good with reading a map, or knowing your area you should have no problems navigating to sales.

Also once you start learning what stuff is good or garbage it literally only takes a minute to browse a sale.

Take TONS of ones, and also some 20's.

Sometimes its better to offer someone $20 for the whole box then take half the box of the things you want for $15.

Don't be afraid to haggle.
Steve R and glend123 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1198 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.