New Z0-6 Corvette at the Track Last Night. - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 9:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

Re: New Z0-6 Corvette at the Track Last Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tempestwagon View Post
So then whats "cooler"? A super nice 600HP 1966 Chevelle that runs 11s at 119 mph with a super slick paint job and killer idle? Or the new Corevette?
There are two ZO-6 Vettes at my shop, my younger Brother also has one, he bought it back at the first of the year.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/atta...1&d=1462715153

I admire them, and have driven my Brothers. It is awesome.

I could buy one tomorrow, but it's really not my kind of car. I am getting ready to go outside and tinker with my Malibu. I kinda like thinking about what I might do to it next. Heck, I might decide to yank out the 540 Rat and plug in a supercharged LS.

The good thing is, I can do any darned thing I want to it.

Those Vettes? Drive it, and look at it. To many, that is enough.

Just not me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	357177  

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 10:24 AM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

The new vettes are getting to the point where old muscle doesn't excite me as much anymore.

Finishing my car has lost much of its appeal, because the new stuff is worlds better.

A C6 is in my future...
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 12:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
The new vettes are getting to the point where old muscle doesn't excite me as much anymore.

Finishing my car has lost much of its appeal, because the new stuff is worlds better.

A C6 is in my future...
I'm starting to kinda feel the same way...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 2:01 PM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

At least you can work on and repair the old muscle.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 2:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
Big Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post

A C6 is in my future...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tempestwagon View Post
I'm starting to kinda feel the same way...
You guys are bumming me out. I would love to be able to afford and own a C7Z06, but I can't. Here's the one down side, even the C6's are starting to look dated. It may take longer for the C7 but will probably also happen. You guys already own a car has been through the dated stage and is now timeless.
Kirk's67SS likes this.

1968 Impala Turbo 6.0 798 RWHP

72' 5 speed LY6 Malibu-Sold

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 2:49 PM
rkd
Team Member
Ron

Got this feeling at a race in 05. Guy in the lane next to me had an 11.80 dial in on the window of his 03 Cobra vert. Vs my 13.20 in my dedicated 2700 lb tin box race car with no ac, no interior, 4.10 gears, no overdrive, that came on a trailer ....

A friend has a 98 Vette. Hauls and got 33 mpg FL to New England. And I will take OBD2 for diagnostics any day.

The new stuff is awesome. Going back to the driveway now to work on my Classic Auto Air install in the 66.

66 Malibu Coupe, home rebuilt 350. Took me 39 years to get her!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 16, 9:38 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperBBC View Post
Here's the one down side, even the C6's are starting to look dated. It may take longer for the C7 but will probably also happen.
I still like the styling of the C6 better than the C7.

IMHO, the C6 is the best looking car built since about 1973.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old May 9th, 16, 10:53 AM
Senior Tech Team
Robert

To me it's about if you like to work on cars for fun, or do you want to go fast with little work? With new cars you just sit in and go vs. old cars that in stock form are slower but are easy to do almost anything with and if it's a '67 or older they don't need to be smog'd so anything is possible. I work on cars for fun, and like to build things; the way they look is more important then how fast they are, plus I can find my car in a parking lot very easy and it doesn't look like everyone else's. It doesn't do much for me when it's just how much money do you want to spend and then see the price drop as soon as it leaves the lot. Case in point I was thinking about getting a SRT8 that looked just like my R/T (Purple), but the loss I already have on the 2016 makes it impossible. The R/T has 700 miles on it and cost 47k; they told me they would give me 29k and I owe 24k after my trade-in so I would be giving up my trade and breaking even. The 392 is 59k aka about 1000 a month for 72 months with no markup, but I just cannot do it. And I know as soon as I leave the lot the 392 is worth 30k just like the current car I have.... Oh, well.....

'67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's, 435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 Circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
2012 HD Tri-Glide in Vivid Black.
1967 XR7 Cougar S code 390.
2016 Charger R/T in Purple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1421 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.