Street Outlaws:Race Night in America - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

26Likes
  • 2 Post By 71350SS
  • 1 Post By 71350SS
  • 3 Post By BillyGman
  • 3 Post By hydro462
  • 3 Post By Stokerboats
  • 5 Post By Steve R
  • 3 Post By Alan F
  • 1 Post By 71350SS
  • 1 Post By 71350SS
  • 1 Post By BillyGman
  • 3 Post By gnicholson

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Street Outlaws:Race Night in America

Sarcasm is intended
As I'm watching the Street Outlaws and they are showing the Race Night in America with the show popping in and out all around the country.They were filming in North Jersey,Kansas,either Kentucky or North Texas sorry ya'll I missed where the announcer said they were but that's not the point of this post.
I thought I heard him call a car the wrong name and I'm thinking "no they are pro's not amateurs" they should know what car is what.
BUT then I heard it again they called a Pontiac Astre a dodge dart ???? It's an 80's Pontiac Astre (built on the Chevy Monza chassis) but it even still has the Pontiac emblem in the middle of the grill still on it.Plus I missed at least 2 cars and didn't write down their mistakes on a couple of the cars.
AND then I hear another one called the wrong name but this one's a Chevelle !!!!They call a 64 Chevelle a Nova ! Surely these pro's know the difference between a Nova and a Chevelle.
But these guys are running rounds on the street !!!! and here is the Chevelle at the line and they call it a Nova again.At least 4 time its called a Nova.
I'm using the exclamation point a lot because I don't understand how they can make these mistakes over and over again ? Don't they have computers ? what no google ? No one with experience who knows what car is what ? No creative consultant ?
In my opinion they should have to apologize in public to ALL the Chevelle and ALL the Pontiac Forums.That would be a good start.
Kirk's67SS and David Bates like this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Re: Street Outlaws:Race Night in America

This is the crap I'm watching because of no baseball
Tophog likes this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 10:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

That IS a little surprising, but then again what else should we expect from wealthy farmer hillbilly's running 1,000+ HP cars on the street without any real serious track prep on the asphalt and spinning their tires in most of their runs all through the race and getting sideways often times because of that. It's a big waste of power since they can never use full throttle with their cars on the street. Whenever they come close to full throttle inputs they go sideways and lose the race at best, and smash their expensive car and get hurt at worst. Kinda senseless IMO. It's definitely on par with the typical reality show.
Kirk's67SS, 71350SS and LS7 like this.

70 Chevelle SS clone (632 CI powered).
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 10:43 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

What's tv?
Derek69SS, 71350SS and bikeron like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 11:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

No prep,no tree no scoreboard= more money in the scammer's pocket.
The original 405 was fun to watch but the sponsorship's got involved
and the sport once again turned into a business.
IFLY, 71350SS and David Bates like this.

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 11:16 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
This is the crap I'm watching because of no baseball
If you want to watch drag racing try Drag Racer TV’s YouTube channel. They live stream a variety of races almost every weekend, then archive them so you can watch them anytime. They have multiple camera angles and announcers that are pretty good. It beats the hell out of the contrived BS street outlaws.

Steve R
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 8:27 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

The first few seasons of SO was fun, especially farm truck and Azn. Can’t watch anymore.
71350SS, David Bates and DUKE 69 like this.

Protesting should not be a license for anarchy.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 3:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

The whole street racing scene is just plain wrong IMO but its like watching a train wreck its hard to turn away from.Its just sad that the people doing the show couldn't take the time to research the real name of the cars they were showing and even worse was not knowing what a 64 Chevelle is.
BillyGman likes this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 3:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Post Re: Street Outlaws:Race Night in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGman View Post
That IS a little surprising, but then again what else should we expect from wealthy farmer hillbilly's running 1,000+ HP cars on the street without any real serious track prep on the asphalt and spinning their tires in most of their runs all through the race and getting sideways often times because of that. It's a big waste of power since they can never use full throttle with their cars on the street. Whenever they come close to full throttle inputs they go sideways and lose the race at best, and smash their expensive car and get hurt at worst. Kinda senseless IMO. It's definitely on par with the typical reality show.
But is the recent emergence of street racing more because of wanting to get around the rule books or because all the race tracks that are closing nationwide.Here in NJ we are down to 1 strip And that 1 is teetering on the edge too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post
What's tv?
In my teens and early 20's I never watched TV unless I was watching racing or sports,but times & taste's change, sometimes for the worst...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokerboats View Post
No prep,no tree no scoreboard= more money in the scammer's pocket.
The original 405 was fun to watch but the sponsorship's got involved
and the sport once again turned into a business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
If you want to watch drag racing try Drag Racer TV’s YouTube channel. They live stream a variety of races almost every weekend, then archive them so you can watch them anytime. They have multiple camera angles and announcers that are pretty good. It beats the hell out of the contrived BS street outlaws.

Steve R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
The first few seasons of SO was fun, especially farm truck and Azn. Can’t watch anymore.
Azn and FarmTruck came up with so many gags the one with the MoreDoor Nova was hilarious,
SteveR thanks for the advice
Steve R likes this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 8:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
But is the recent emergence of street racing more because of wanting to get around the rule books or because all the race tracks that are closing nationwide. Here in NJ we are down to 1 strip And that 1 is teetering on the edge too...

We haven't had a drag strip in my home state since 1985. I have to travel out of state 3 hours south, or 3 hours north just to race. There is one track in a neighboring state to the west that is 2 hours away, and that's the closest, although the prep there is hit or miss. So I know all about not having a track anywhere around to race at. But you cannot use the lack or tracks as an excuse
since street racing has always existed even when there were more tracks around. So I don't think it's about the lack of tracks nor about breaking any rules.

I've been in plenty of street races, but not in lots of traffic, and it was always a random thing without a crowd of spectators hanging around, instead of being an organized street race, where there are lots of young dumb and drunk spectators standing way too close to the cars, along with a flag man standing in front of the cars, and in between them at the start. Too much alcohol, and too much stupidity going on at those events. Often times the two cars running are also much too close together as well.

As far as the "Outlaw" reality show, I don't even know if that can be taken seriously since it is an organized TV show, and I don't think that most "reality" shows are reality at all. But if the outlaw shows are real, then many of those guys have BIG dollars to throw around since many of those cars cost six figures to build and maintain so I cannot sympathize with guys spending that much money to street race cars that are far above any power level that can even be fully used and wrung out on the street. Like most other reality shows, it's pointless at best.

Most of those cars have so much money put into them specifically for racing, that they have to be trailered to the location of the street race since they cannot even be used for any commute. So you have trailered drag cars being trailered out of state to a street race. How stupid and unrealistic is that?
71350SS likes this.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 9:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary

Man I just had my best idea ever. I should probably patent this before I even share it but how about we get a black lives matter sponsored street race. Absolutely no issues with the cops whatsoever. brilliant
BillyGman, Alan F and IFLY like this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 9:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
Man I just had my best idea ever. I should probably patent this before I even share it but how about we get a black lives matter sponsored street race. Absolutely no issues with the cops whatsoever. brilliant
LOL...you sure got that right.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 10:00 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary

No way. It would be racist to interfere
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 20, 10:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
No way. It would be racist to interfere
Black privilege racing on the black top.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in