Old Hot Rod Magazines and Others - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

4Likes
  • 2 Post By pnugene
  • 1 Post By pnugene
  • 1 Post By pnugene

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 20, 1:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

Old Hot Rod Magazines and Others

Cleaning out the garage and I have a number of old Hot Rod, Super Chevy, and Chevelle World magazines to get rid of. Let me know if you have any interest in a specific issue or group of these. They're yours for the cost of postage.
Steve R and Freddy Mercado like this.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

Owning a Chevelle project is like having a giant-size piggy bank that you keep pouring money into....but you can't get it back out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 20, 2:25 PM
Tech Team
John

I just went through about 75 or so out of a couple hundred mags from the 60’s mostly that I saved from when I was a teenager. Oh man the articles I came across on sbc’s and bbc’s! No way I’ll throw those out!

I’d be interested in any articles you know of regarding ‘67 Chevelles, especially restorations or engine building. I don’t believe they still publish that Chevelles magazine do they? The only one I have has an article in it where a couple found their old ‘67 L78 (Balt build) and restored it along with another ‘67 L78. So cool! I haven’t had any luck finding mine....must be gone.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 20, 3:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

I would be interested in the Chevelle World magazines. Specifically anything 70-72

Team Chevelle Member (20 years and counting...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 Chevelle Convertible (Mohave Gold) (all SS options, no SS badging)

2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver) RIP April 2013
--> Replaced with 2004 Pontiac GTO (Barbados Blue)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche (Sunset Orange Metallic)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 20, 11:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Re: Old Hot Rod Magazines and Others

Im interested in the Hot Rod magazines! Will gladly pay shipping/handling for them
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 20, 11:54 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle SS 396/375 View Post
I just went through about 75 or so out of a couple hundred mags from the 60’s mostly that I saved from when I was a teenager. Oh man the articles I came across on sbc’s and bbc’s! No way I’ll throw those out!

I’d be interested in any articles you know of regarding ‘67 Chevelles, especially restorations or engine building. I don’t believe they still publish that Chevelles magazine do they? The only one I have has an article in it where a couple found their old ‘67 L78 (Balt build) and restored it along with another ‘67 L78. So cool! I haven’t had any luck finding mine....must be gone.
Articles pop up randomly, you’d probably need to give him a list of issues to look through otherwise he’ll spend days searching.

It sounds like you might be better off buying a book that compiled magazine road tests. They were popular in the 1990’s, I bought several, including some that were specifically for Chevelle SS’s.

I did a quick search on eBay for “Chevelle book” and came up with over 2,000 matches. That is where I’d search.

Steve R
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

It turns out most of what I have are Super Chevy magazines. I have a bunch of them, so I divvied them up into stacks by featured year: 64-65, 66-67, 68-69, 70-72. PM me if you want one of the stacks. The Chevelle World issues are already spoken for.
Steve R likes this.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

Owning a Chevelle project is like having a giant-size piggy bank that you keep pouring money into....but you can't get it back out.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 12:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

I would gladly like to have the 66-67 issues (I have a 66) pm me detail of how to do that
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 12:24 PM
Super Mod
Mr Bill

Randy,
If there are any issues that have articles about the Heavy Chevy Chevelle I would be interested. And I will also take whatever else you have left over when all other requests are filled.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
1984 Buick Riviera - original owner (Wife's car)
Team Chevelle #100
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 6:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Last year, I advertised 15 boxes of old magazines dating back to the early 60's. 300-400 of them. Free. Mostly Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Tri-5 Classics, and many others, no Chevelle magazines. Never even got 1 call. Cost me $25 to get rid of them.

They are now part of Mother Earth again. (landfill)

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 9:33 PM
Tech Team
John

That’s a shame! Somebody missed out. Some of the advertisements alone are nearly “priceless”. Anyone who wants to learn what it was like in the 60’s when Chevelles, Camaros & Novas ruled the streets are missing out! Nothing like reading those old magazines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by augy View Post
Last year, I advertised 15 boxes of old magazines dating back to the early 60's. 300-400 of them. Free. Mostly Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Tri-5 Classics, and many others, no Chevelle magazines. Never even got 1 call. Cost me $25 to get rid of them.

They are now part of Mother Earth again. (landfill)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 10:24 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
That’s a shame! Somebody missed out. Some of the advertisements alone are nearly “priceless”. Anyone who wants to learn what it was like in the 60’s when Chevelles, Camaros & Novas ruled the streets are missing out! Nothing like reading those old magazines!
The ads aren’t priceless, neither are any of these magazines. They are a cool novelty but that’s about it. Do a quick search on eBay for any common title and you will find thousands, then search completed and sold listings, most sell for only a few dollars. There are a handful of obscure publications which are valuable, but most were regional and often racing oriented. Even then, most of those are rarely worth more than $25 worth each. Over the years I’ve bought out several collections, the prices just keep dropping. Now I’m only interested if they have old racing programs, decals, vintage clothing, pictures and posters, which many do, that’s where the money is.

Steve R
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 20, 6:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Quote:
Yeah, I REALLY had a hard time throwing them out. Did save a couple old Hot Rods and Chevy High Performance that featured Chevelles, Novas, and related how-to articles.

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 20, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

Ok guys, last call on the magazines. All of these have Chevelle articles in them. The Chevelle World issues are gone and the 66-67 Super Chevy issues are spoken for. I have 8 issues of 64-65 Super Chevy mags, 10 issues of 68-69 stuff, and 19 issues of 70-72 Chevelles. They're either going to a new home or the dump next week. PM me if you're interested, not selling these, just covering postage costs.
Steve R likes this.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 20, 7:08 AM
Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
Quote:
That’️s a shame! Somebody missed out. Some of the advertisements alone are nearly “priceless”. Anyone who wants to learn what it was like in the 60’️s when Chevelles, Camaros & Novas ruled the streets are missing out! Nothing like reading those old magazines!
The ads aren’️t priceless, neither are any of these magazines. They are a cool novelty but that’️s about it. Do a quick search on eBay for any common title and you will find thousands, then search completed and sold listings, most sell for only a few dollars. There are a handful of obscure publications which are valuable, but most were regional and often racing oriented. Even then, most of those are rarely worth more than $25 worth each. Over the years I’️ve bought out several collections, the prices just keep dropping. Now I’️m only interested if they have old racing programs, decals, vintage clothing, pictures and posters, which many do, that’️s where the money is.

Steve R
I hear ya Steve, but “priceless” can mean more than just monetary value. There are collectors out there who will pay up to $10 for a long gone advertisement....I know as I’m one of them! Ha! I was about to buy an ad off eBay of the M/T Super Scavenger Headers, then when going thru my old mags from when I was a teenager “I found one!” Ha! That’s what priceless means to me! Plus, some people’s trash are other people’s treasure!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 20, 6:04 PM
Tech Team
Greg

Anyway to scan them, I would love electronic copies but not the paper. Take up more room then it is worth. Or does anyone know were to find someone who is selling electronic copies

Life is too short for caring about every bodies else's stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in