Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen. - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

 89Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,358
Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

I live about 15 miles south of Oakland, Sunday night an outlet mall in the area was looted. When they were finished they went across the street and looted the Dodge dealer and got into the key safe. They went after every high end car they could get. A total of 50 cars were stolen including every Hellcats, SRT8ís not sure about Demon they could find keys for. I only saw one small clip on the news, I guess it didnít merit much coverage in the minds of the local media. There was no mention of any other looting, which was extensive, but they had plenty of time to interview talking heads about injustice and inequality and how things need to change in order to build trust. Iíve got a good place to start, personal responsibility, that hasnít even been mentioned by anyone.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Jun 2nd, 20 at 1:20 PM.
Steve R is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 1:44 PM
Gold Member
Gene
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 15,571
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Yeah, that isnt about injustice and inequality anymore. It's much simpler.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
427L88 is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 1:53 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: near Kansas City
Posts: 62,757
Garage
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Hope they get caught before the cars get loaded on a ship.

.
.
.
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dean is offline  
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 1:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jon N.
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: back in the "Hew-Hess-Hay"
Posts: 4,308
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Those cars are just part of the reparations owed the looters. No doubt just partial payback, in the mind of some.

Jon N.

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.

BIGOT is a word used by people that can't use logical reasoning to prove that you are wrong when you don't agree with them.
dyno jonn is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 1:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,358
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Hope they get caught before the cars get loaded on a ship.
The dealer said they could be tracked electronically.

Steve R
Chris27, shovelrick and 68-13427 like this.
Steve R is online now  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 2:01 PM
Senior Tech Team
Terry
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 2,940
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
The dealer said they could be tracked electronically.

Steve R
Thats great. Im sure there were cameras also seeing some faces of the low life aholes!
TerryAT is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 2:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,358
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAT View Post
Thats great. Im sure there were cameras also seeing some faces of the low life aholes!
Masks are required where I live, thatís the one law they were obeying.

I have a buddy in the CHP they have been called to reinforce Oakland PD for some of their riots, he said during those wearing a mask would automatically get you a one way ticket to jail, not this time.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Jun 2nd, 20 at 2:30 PM. Reason: Z
Steve R is online now  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 6:47 PM
Senior Tech Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,202
Garage
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

The looters aren't very smart. Boosting a bunch of Dodges is just stupid. Boosting Ferraris would be better.
77 cruiser and shovelrick like this.

'69 Malibu
Not2Fast is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 7:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,358
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2Fast View Post
The looters aren't very smart. Boosting a bunch of Dodges is just stupid. Boosting Ferraris would be better.
You must not be familiar with the East Bay, there isnít a Ferrari dealer anywhere in sight. The exotic car dealerships are across the bay and down the peninsula, the lowlifes must put in effort and cross a toll bridge to get there then they will stand out like a sore thumb.

Steve R
Steve R is online now  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 8:49 PM
rkd
Team Member
Ron
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 5,071
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

I cannot comprehend why one would want to go out and just tear up others stuff.

I have had a job more or less since I was 13, and have worked continuously to get the little bit of stuff I have.

I've driven $100 cars, etc, for years, lived in rented basement rooms, picked fruit, dug graves and pumped septic tanks.

Not sympathetic.

66 Malibu Coupe, home rebuilt 350. Took me 39 years to get her!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rkd is offline  
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 9:07 PM
Senior Tech Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,044
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Everyone mourns the loss of a love one differently. 🙄
Hotwire likes this.

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


67

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


70 (SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Alwhite00 is offline  
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 9:07 PM
Team Member
Kevin
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 303
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
The dealer said they could be tracked electronically.

Steve R
It's nice the cars can be tracked electronically, but what about electrocuted remotely (the thieves, 12v at 800 amps)? That would be an awesome theft deterrent.
shovelrick likes this.
kmakar is online now  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 20, 9:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 705
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd View Post
I cannot comprehend why one would want to go out and just tear up others stuff.
Because some people out there feel slighted when others have more than they do and it's the other's fault, not their own. Therefore, those people don't deserve it so it's OK for them to take it. Faulty logic.

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
SSR71 is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 20, 12:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Greensboring, NC
Posts: 1,429
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR71 View Post
Because some people out there feel slighted when others have more than they do and it's the other's fault, not their own. Therefore, those people don't deserve it so it's OK for them to take it. Faulty logic.
I just had to deal with this, it's amazing the amount of trash out there that was thrown at me to justify people's actions. It's worse than flat earther logic.

Friggin crazy amount of looting going on in memory of someone breaking the law. Again.

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hotwire is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 20, 1:58 PM
Senior Tech Team
Terry
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 2,940
Re: Dodge dealer looted, 50 cars stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post

Friggin crazy amount of looting going on in memory of someone breaking the law. Again.
Yep. None of this would of happened if the "honest" victim wasnt trying to use counterfeit money. The media seems to forget. (Im not justifying the extended time used on the guys neck though)
shovelrick likes this.
TerryAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome