What type of sound system do you have in your shop? - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 8:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Dennis

Garage
What type of sound system do you have in your shop?

In my garage at home got an old wall mount POS that gets crap reception. And Iím in a metro area.
At my shop Iíve got an even older mini AM/FM/cassette player. It doesnít get crap for reception either.

Iím looking for AM/FM/ Bluetooth and to mount the speakers remotely. Digital tuning so it can lock a station in.

I listen to the radio the most but like being able to connect Spotify if I want too.

I guess Iím going to have to investigate antennas too. Hopefully something that can be indoors.

What do you guys have?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F44DE650-7F08-4688-BE3D-F9D51EF662DA.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	628088  
davewho1 likes this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter 4 Cam V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 8:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Re: What type of sound system do you have in your shop?

I have a 10 or 12 year old Bosch Cube, with CD player. I use a Dewalt usb adapter to run Pandora through it. Its loud enough without being obnoxious. Terry
davewho1 likes this.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 9:19 PM
Tech Team
jeff

I have a pioneer receiver, rated at a thousand watts, two twelve inch dlk speakers and two technics ten inch speakers. I hook up my iPod with all my favorite music and crank it up.lol No commercials, just my music, sounds awesome.
davewho1 and 68-13427 like this.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 10:40 PM
Senior Tech Team

I have a Sirius boom box with the removable receiver than I can also plug into a car kit. Sirius is just ok...if it was more than $5 a month, I probably wouldn't renew. I'm not a huge fan of streaming, & I like the fact the most of the stations I listen to on Sirius still have a deejay.
davewho1 likes this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 11:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

I have Sony shelf system with a dedicated sub woofer. It is loud enough to annoy the neighbors. I will listen to talk radio (until they annoy me - which is usually within 10 minutes), then I switch over to a CD (it plays MP3 CDs, so I can fit anywhere from 30 to 50 songs on one disc). It also has an iPod dock built in, but I don't own an iPod. The brackets are to keep it from walking off of the shelf when I have it turned up (yes, it happened once).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160521_152643.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	628100  
71350SS likes this.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 11:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

I use an old stereo ( I run it mono) AM/FM radio with an 8 track deck & a cassette deck, I power this mess up with an old Fender Dual Showman top with 4 - 6L6s. The transformer in the Fender is about 6" X 6" X 6".
Up in the rafters between the 2 X 8 I have two old ( Band) Kustom speaker columns with 4 -12" Jenson speakers in each column.
I just cut the 1/2" finished one plywood and set the speaker columns so the just drop down about a 1/2" below the ceiling. Due to fact that I am old, I still play in a band. The music I like to play and listen to is of course the old MOTOWN & Oldies and the Old Country, Willie, Haggard, ( Willies Roadhouse).
I also use a Di/pol antenna for the FM side. Sometimes I plug in my 1958 Fender P.Bass and just play along. Chevelles & Music......... Thats my life!
Bob
davewho1 and hydro462 like this.

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 12:04 AM
Tech Team
Dean

I turn on the radio in my El Camino.

"Iím the one thatís got to die when itís time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."
Jimi Hendrix
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 12:29 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jim

Wallymart $39.95 stereo w/SiriusXM enhancement.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 6:48 AM
Senior Tech Team
jeff

Realistic transistor radio powered by 9 volt battery.
77 cruiser likes this.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 6:56 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

A Zenith AM/FM table radio from the 50s. It has a woofer and tweeter with a tube amp.. It sounds superb!! I plug my I-pod into it sometimes..
davewho1 likes this.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 7:16 AM
Team Member
Chris

Bluetooth headphones and my phone. Great stereo seperation and perfect volume everywhere I go.
I put my shooting muffs over them when I'm making a lot of noise so I can still keep listening. Works for lawn mowing too.

I have a Sherwood stereo and some old speakers that I intended to set up in the garage, but I got the headphones first. Now I doubt that stereo ever makes it into the garage. The phone/headphone combo is too convenient....
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 7:21 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Allen

Old Pawn shop Yamaha receiver and 4 Yamaha towers I got off craigslist for cheap. Speakers are mounted on shelves about 7' above floor level and are actually way to good for a shop but it works great.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 7:54 AM
Tech Team
Phil

Garage

A rather old Sony boombox with detachable speakers and a built in CD player. The telescoping antenna works great for all of my desired stations.
jeff swisher likes this.

I've spent most of my money on women and guns.The rest I just wasted...
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 8:29 AM
Senior Tech Team
Tim

I have a sound bar with Pandora or Sirius XM on my phone. It`s just under the Maxx heater and the sub woofer is on the floor.

Works great.

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 9:14 AM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

I have a dewalt boom box. It has a line in so I can plug in my iPhone. Works well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in