Saw my first C8 Corvette today - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old May 17th, 20, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Dennis

Garage
Saw my first C8 Corvette today

IMO, better looking in the pictures. Itís fugly in person.
Steve R likes this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter 4 Cam V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old May 17th, 20, 1:46 AM
Tech Team
Eddie

Garage
Re: Saw my first C8 Corvette today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_LS1 View Post
IMO, better looking in the pictures. Itís fugly in person.
yeah it looks like Ferrari had an abortion.

there is a red one here in Daly City.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old May 17th, 20, 4:06 AM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

They haven't looked good since the 63 to 67 years.
DUKE 69, davewho1, fenns70 and 5 others like this.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old May 17th, 20, 6:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

I have one cruising around my area. I think itís pretty cool but not my cup of tea. Looks too much like a Euro Super Car. I feel like I would have to buy a bunch of Satin sweat suits and gold necklaces and bracelets if I bought one. Not for me. Cheaper then my Redeye Widebody which surprises me. But my car looks more like an old school American Muscle Car. We drove next to each other on a busy street and it sounded pretty hot. I would love to get him out on a nice deserted road and see what he can do. Itís the only American car that scares me. ( just a little)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B9262A0-A3E7-4723-B2FB-DAF17E047AD1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	626952  
SS427Rick, davewho1 and fenns70 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old May 17th, 20, 8:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

I must admit that I lusted for one when I saw the photographs. But Iíve seen two on the road now and really donít like them.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old May 20th, 20, 2:04 PM
Tech Team

Saw one in my neighborhood last week. Don't know the guy that owns it but I agree the car is ugly in person. Looks like a European wanna be supercar.

Jax, FL

69 SS 396 El Camino
Numbers Match
(Resto began 7-17)
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old May 20th, 20, 2:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

I haven't seen one in person yet.

When the C7 came out, I thought it was ugly and the grille was too big... seeing one in person, totally changed my mind. All the pictures I had seen were low-angle shots, and it looked way better when looking at it from eye level.

The C8 I think looks great in pictures. I was hoping to see one last September when I was in Bowling Green, but I didn't make it to the museum and GM didn't have one at LS Fest. I'm excited for them.
David Bates likes this.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old May 20th, 20, 4:04 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-468 View Post
"Looks too much like a Euro Super Car". I feel like I would have to buy a bunch of Satin sweat suits and gold necklaces and bracelets if I bought one. Not for me.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLY View Post
"Looks like a European wanna be supercar".
X2, exactly. Not for me either.
Claude.
67-468 likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old May 21st, 20, 10:36 PM
Tech Team
Lorne

Garage

If I had the money I would have 1 in my garage but then again I like most things Corvette. I really like the European wanna be supercar looks, handling & performance. Supercar performance at a fraction of the price of European cost.
David Bates and Derek69SS like this.

When the flag drops the bullsh1t stops!

63 Vette rdstr 327/4p sold in 80's
68 Z28 Camaro
70 LS6 454 Chevelle apart for refreshing
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 20, 1:20 AM
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Dang, and I thought it was just me.

This vintage is my personal preference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3280.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	627582  
von, HKalin, davewho1 and 3 others like this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 20, 2:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1
Talking Re: Saw my first C8 Corvette today

Too Eurotrashy.

That ginormous midsection brake duct is WAY too big. They need to stop giving their engineers LSD and old Lambo photos during working hours.

All that said - I would cruise one if somebody gave it to me.
p40 likes this.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 20, 3:00 AM
Senior Tech Team

Reminds me too much of an Acura NSX.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 20, 9:36 AM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Iíll bet every single one of you guys criticizing how it looks wouldnít buy one regardless of the design.

Itís going to be a tossup for me - C8 after they work the bugs out, Ariel Atom, or a Caterham R500. I can buy one but not all three 😕

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 20, 9:54 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
Iíll bet every single one of you guys criticizing how it looks wouldnít buy one regardless of the design.

Itís going to be a tossup for me - C8 after they work the bugs out, Ariel Atom, or a Caterham R500. I can buy one but not all three 😕
I may still try to buy one in the 2022 MY. But I still think it looked a lot better in pictures. Those side intake vents are HUGE! I too have considered the Atom, but I am finally old enough that I want heat and A/C even in a toy car.

When it comes to Corvettes, Iíve thought that just about every new release looked horrible ever since the C4 hit the road. But over time they all grew on me. It took me years to warm up to the big-butted C5, but now I think itís one of the most beautiful out there. Iím guessing that in two years Iíll feel the same about the C8. Which is good, as I expect there will be a LOT of incremental changes in the first couple of years as failures stack up. Iíll let the early buyers work those bugs out.
David Bates likes this.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 20, 10:55 AM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by any4xx View Post
It took me years to warm up to the big-butted C5, but now I think itís one of the most beautiful out there.
I loved the C5 when it came out, but now I think the styling has gotten bland over time, and flip-up headlights seem hokey anymore.

The C6 is still one of the most beautiful cars ever made. The C6 Z06 and ZR1 are as attractive to me as ANY generation (stock) Corvette before it.

I've been wanting a base C6 for a track-day car but I already have too many cars and something would have to go. I'd actually prefer a Grand Sport, (reliability of the base drivetrain, with the better brakes, wider tires, and fender flares of the Z06) but those are almost as expensive as a Z06, and there's limits to what I'm willing to write-off in a track incident.

C7 and C8 are way beyond my write-off threshold, so I'm not going to be a buyer for either of those for quite a while.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in