Walmart restricts shoppers - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Garage
Walmart restricts shoppers

So first, close stores earlier. Now, limit number of shoppers in the stores that are operating on shorter hours.

I will not be surprised to see a news report of a riot or violence at a Walmart in the coming days. https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...2YH?li=BBnb7Kz

'69 Malibu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:43 PM
Senior Tech Team

Chicken Little crowd
will applaud. !
Not2Fast and Chipston like this.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:50 PM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Walmart restricts shoppers

I didnít understand the shorter hours, you would think you would want it open 24/7 to spread the shoppers out.
69SHEVL, shovelrick and Not2Fast like this.

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 (SOLD)

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:57 PM
Gold Member

I had a chat with a Walmart employee that said that the shorter hours give them customer-free time to clean the store better. They wipe down a lot of the surfaces and so on. And they can re-stock stuff easier.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 6:01 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary

I'm sick of all this dumb ****
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 6:06 PM
Tech Team
Rob

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
I didnít understand the shorter hours, you would think you would want it open 24/7 to spread the shoppers out.
agree, or at least stay open longer and do the cleaning and stocking thru the night. I just went down which is usually quieter than mid day 50 plus in line outside waiting to get in.

Worse part is I have gone down at different times of day and thru week,, shelves still bare not really replenshing. Tried 4 big stores to do online order and pick up weather week or two just so we have something. no times avail its getting crazy now
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 7:51 PM
Tech Team
Jason

I needed tp Walmart had a line to get in. I went to Family Dollar. I actually found a 8 pack of Scott tp there. I turned the light on this morning to make some coffee and the light started strobing. It’s only two years old kitchen light one of those flat led deals. I wore my full face respirator to Lowe’s to pick up a couple sockets to upgrade to screw in bulbs. I received some funny looks from people wearing dust masks. I had to tell a guy to back up a few days ago at the store. I could feel him breathing on my neck. I swear I’m going to start wearing the S&W 500 instead of a concealable firearm.
shovelrick, Not2Fast and goatless like this.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
You mean you expect common sense from a corporation?
Walmart sucks on a good day. Customer service is NOT one of their finer qualities.
fishhead and 69SHEVL like this.

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:10 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
I had a chat with a Walmart employee that said that the shorter hours give them customer-free time to clean the store better. They wipe down a lot of the surfaces and so on. And they can re-stock stuff easier.
That makes perfect sense.

Also maybe less of the idiots that aren't taking this stuff serious coming in = less deaths hopefully.
Steve R, paul bell and Don B like this.

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Garage

I'd love to set up a cam inside my local just to see how well they are actually cleaning. As for stocking? Give me a break. They don't have to close the stores to fill up for Black Friday shopping.

And if you check online for your local WallFart for pick-up and/or delivery, all the products to clean your bunghole and other paper products, bleach, lysol, and other cleaning products that allegedly kill viruses cannot be ordered online and are only available in store only. Lol.
DUTCH MAX HEADWORK likes this.

'69 Malibu
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

They are also going to restrict sales to essential items only. Areas of the store with nonessential items will be closed. I'll share the link if I find it.

Their online shopping is as good as Amazon but essential items are generally not available online. I never go to the actual store. I hate crowds even before this Corona debacle.

I'll have to go out soon for tp as tp is the only thing I can't find online.

If you guys find Purell on the shelves, pick some up because it will be very hard to get and having it makes life a little easier. Same for bleach, lysol, alcohol, and Clorox wipes. Amazon restricts the sale of these to hospitals only right now.
Not2Fast likes this.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:18 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2Fast View Post
And if you check online for your local WallFart for pick-up and/or delivery, all the products to clean your bunghole and other paper products, bleach, lysol, and other cleaning products that allegedly kill viruses cannot be ordered online and are only available in store only. Lol.
Well ain't you special LOL

post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Garage

I see you, old man. Did you get the attention you needed?

'69 Malibu
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:24 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

I see you too KID, see right through you in fact.
Talk about someone else needing attention.

post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 8:53 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Jim Mac

I was there this morning at 715, about 10 people standing outside, I asked what was up with the line, turns out at this one, only 300 people allowed in the store. so as people left people got in. took about 5 minutes to enter and they even had toilet paper! jim

Jim

70 chevelle, SS clone 454 4 speed
71 camaro. (owned since 1978!) 6-71 blown small block 400
66 chevelle 350 4 speed 3.55 12 bolt
66 el camino 350 th350 parts hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in