$45K - For A '78 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon... - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 20, 9:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage
$45K - For A '78 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon...

I honestly don't know what people are thinking sometimes:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/24/...quire-auction/
surmin69 and blue_69_malibu like this.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 20, 10:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Re: $45K - For A '78 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon...

There must be $40,000 worth of gold in the back. Terry
blue_69_malibu likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 20, 10:48 PM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakkoWarner View Post
I honestly don't know what people are thinking sometimes:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/24/...quire-auction/

Just saw an ad for a 1984 Le Baron for 6 grand. I donít think people realize how awful those cars were.

That said, wagons are fetching big bucks these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirk's67SS likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 9:32 AM
Gold Founding Member
Bob

I know why the mileage is so low, it's a 78 Ford.
Alan F likes this.

Bob

69 SS (naw you don't want to see it yet)
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 9:58 AM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Weird stuff is bringing big money lately. Still, that's about double what I would think is "high retail" for that car.
Steve R likes this.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:03 AM
Senior Tech Team

Could not download the autoblog post due to popping and snapping ads, but claim was made it had only 5,000 miles. Perhaps it was a fully loaded 460 also. Most of those wagons (and the Mercury ones also) were consumed by high school kids, as hand me down cars, in the early to mid eighties. There are wagon people out there. Posted a '74 Impala wagon on the buick site, trying to sell some Buick crossover wagon parts (clamshell rear tailgate parts), and individuals from a derby site contacted me wanting to buy the whole thing. Sorry folks, it was in a U Pull It and the title was deactivated. If the yard had been knowledgeable about the wagon thing, and derbies -they could have (BIG Question Mark) maybe gotten $2500 or so for it. The U Pull Its have destroyed a LOT of good inventory in the last 10 - 12 years of their existence in this area.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:07 AM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

i thought it was going to be the "Truckster".
shovelrick and Dean 1961 like this.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:08 AM
Senior Tech Team

The "Vacation" Family Truckster was the Box '79 - '86 Ford.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:13 AM
Senior Tech Team

Saw the title and figured it was a CL ad...thats a strange mentality all on its own
These super expensive 70s cars arent getting the big money especially now. People can ask anything they want

TP and food seems to be getting decent coin thats about it.
blue_69_malibu likes this.

Quote:
Freedom is not caring what others think of you
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:14 AM
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Other than the 20s-30s-40s Woodies, the ONLY ford wagon that interested me was the 1956 Parklane (ONE year only). It was a competitor to the Chevy Nomad. It was only in Fairlane series (same as the Nomad was only in the Bel Air series). My next favorite 56 Ford was the Crown Victoria or Crown Victoria Skyliner (w/ glass top). Otherwise, I would never walk across the street to look at a ford----------------well, maybe for a 55-56-57 T-bird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9389351-1956-ford-parklane-std.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	621206   Click image for larger version

Name:	56-Victoria-4-of-26.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	621208   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca0812-134063_1@2x.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	621210  
Alan F, Kirk's67SS and shovelrick like this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:32 AM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZAUTO View Post
Other than the 20s-30s-40s Woodies, the ONLY ford wagon that interested me was the 1956 Parklane (ONE year only). It was a competitor to the Chevy Nomad. It was only in Fairlane series (same as the Nomad was only in the Bel Air series). My next favorite 56 Ford was the Crown Victoria or Crown Victoria Skyliner (w/ glass top). Otherwise, I would never walk across the street to look at a ford----------------well, maybe for a 55-56-57 T-bird.
In that case Tom, I'm surprised you don't like the 57's. Those Ranch wagons are attractive and the platform was redesigned, unlike the vaunted '57 Chevy.

I don't know, a REAL woody wagon with actual wood construction is a very attractive vehicle. I think the 1940's models are sharp.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
In that case Tom, I'm surprised you don't like the 57's. Those Ranch wagons are attractive and the platform was redesigned, unlike the vaunted '57 Chevy.

I don't know, a REAL woody wagon with actual wood construction is a very attractive vehicle. I think the 1940's models are sharp.

I don't know, I just never developed an appreciation for 57-58-59 Fords. ALTHOUGH, I admit the "flip top" models were very unique, but the fat back end took something away from the lines.
Cam likes this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 10:40 AM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
The "bug eye" headlights ruin the whole '57 Ford look IMHO.

Personally for weird Ford wagons, I like the Mercury hardtop wagons. My grandpa had a '59 4dr hardtop wagon when my Mom was little.
Cam likes this.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 11:17 AM
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
The "bug eye" headlights ruin the whole '57 Ford look IMHO.

Personally for weird Ford wagons, I like the Mercury hardtop wagons. My grandpa had a '59 4dr hardtop wagon when my Mom was little.

And speaking of Mercurys, I really liked the 57 2dr Turnpike Cruiser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FPDD11.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	621222  
Cam, 71350SS and blue_69_malibu like this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 20, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveschevyparts View Post
Could not download the autoblog post due to popping and snapping ads, but claim was made it had only 5,000 miles. Perhaps it was a fully loaded 460 also. Most of those wagons (and the Mercury ones also) were consumed by high school kids, as hand me down cars, in the early to mid eighties. There are wagon people out there. Posted a '74 Impala wagon on the buick site, trying to sell some Buick crossover wagon parts (clamshell rear tailgate parts), and individuals from a derby site contacted me wanting to buy the whole thing. Sorry folks, it was in a U Pull It and the title was deactivated. If the yard had been knowledgeable about the wagon thing, and derbies -they could have (BIG Question Mark) maybe gotten $2500 or so for it. The U Pull Its have destroyed a LOT of good inventory in the last 10 - 12 years of their existence in this area.

If you do not want to see all of the ads, then add UBlock Origin to your web browser. It is an excellent ad blocker and works very well.

Here is the version for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ublock-origin/

Here is the version for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jbkeiagm?hl=en

Here is the version for Edge: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/...gmiehpchacaeak

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in