Costco vs the hoarders - Page 5 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 20, 2:28 PM
Senior Tech Team

Garage
Re: Costco vs the hoarders

Hit up my local yesterday. Food menu was down to whole pizzas, hot dogs, and sodas only. Since all the food court seating had been removed, no fat or old people hogging up the place so no waiting in line. I grabbed a hot dog and Mt. Dew to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bungholepaper.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	620757  
Stokerboats likes this.

'69 Malibu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 20, 1:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I made a 7:15 pm Costco run last night. The place was relatively empty...Until I got to to far side of the store wall where shoppers were lined up about 3/4 the depth of the store. I thought... Hmmmm "What's up here"? As I suspected, it was either gonna be tp or paper towels so I got in line. It didn't move to much for about 15 minutes but then began to move right along. I was kind of hoping for paper towels but they tossed a 30 roll bag of tp in the cart so I took it and headed for the front where about 12 people were checking out. I was 2nd in the checkout line, about 6' behind the person in front of me. It pays to sleep late. Lol
Not2Fast likes this.

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 9:47 PM
Senior Tech Team

Yup I got Charmin TP the other day at Costco. Plenty now in stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 2:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I got up early this am to make a senior hour run to Costco. I am NOT an early riser but thought I need some paper towels and some food supplies. So I get there at 7:10 am and see about 30 people waiting in line already. I think OK, not too bad so I park and grab my social distance required cart and head for the line. I get near the line and a worker say's that line is for the regular hour people and the one over there is for seniors. I walk over around the corner and saw a numerous amount of people in a line. I start heading toward the end of the line only to discover the line goes around the corner and off into the distance and beyond. That damned line was about a mile long. At that point I decided I was heading home because by the time the line got to the front everything would be gone. So I left. This stuff is crazy as hell and has no end in sight for the short future. I did ask one man near the front when he got in line and he said about 5:50 am. I'll starve to death before I do that crap.

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 2:46 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokerboats View Post
I got up early this am to make a senior hour run to Costco. I am NOT an early riser but thought I need some paper towels and some food supplies. So I get there at 7:10 am and see about 30 people waiting in line already. I think OK, not too bad so I park and grab my social distance required cart and head for the line. I get near the line and a worker say's that line is for the regular hour people and the one over there is for seniors. I walk over around the corner and saw a numerous amount of people in a line. I start heading toward the end of the line only to discover the line goes around the corner and off into the distance and beyond. That damned line was about a mile long. At that point I decided I was heading home because by the time the line got to the front everything would be gone. So I left. This stuff is crazy as hell and has no end in sight for the short future. I did ask one man near the front when he got in line and he said about 5:50 am. I'll starve to death before I do that crap.
Try Safeway. My dad placed his order online, the pickup is scheduled a couple of days later, they email you that morning to confirm itís ready, you call when you get there and they bring it to your car and put it in your trunk. They charge $4.95, which is worth it in my dads opinion.

Steve R
post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Gold Member

Dan: I did the exact same thing last week at Costco. I think you were right to think that by the time you got in all the stuff on your list would be sold out. The line was beyond belief.
Stokerboats likes this.
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 1:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
Try Safeway. My dad placed his order online, the pickup is scheduled a couple of days later, they email you that morning to confirm itís ready, you call when you get there and they bring it to your car and put it in your trunk. They charge $4.95, which is worth it in my dads opinion.

Steve R
Nothing in bulk.(Paper Towels)

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 2:10 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokerboats View Post
Nothing in bulk.(Paper Towels)
Try office supply places or restaurant supply outlets. A friend bought two cases of paper towels at Office Depot last week.

Steve R
Stokerboats likes this.
post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 12:29 PM
Tech Team
Rick

The first of my Corona baby birds just hatched!! One hatched and hopefully five to go. This is my first go at this in many years back to raising quail once in high school in the 70s.

There's a whole lotta' "cheeping" noises going on from those still unhatched eggs. Last night the peeping noises started and my wife and I thought we were going crazy. How could they make that loud of a noise through the shell? But sure enough, here we go.

That bird started pecking on the inside of the shell about five hours ago but once through at one small place, that bird was outta' there in less than ten minutes.

My daughter-in-law is posting Facebook video of that roughly ten minute process for her quarantined students to watch this coming week. Instant biology and animal husbandry lesson.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1970 El Camino under Reconstruction - 5.3L LS VORTEC Engine and 4L60E Transmission
post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 2:48 PM
Tech Team
Rick

This first one has been moved over to the other bowl and is beginning to stand and eat a little. It is also nearly dried off. Another bird is starting to crack its way out and we shall see how the afternoon proceeds but I'm very hopeful.

Rick

1970 El Camino under Reconstruction - 5.3L LS VORTEC Engine and 4L60E Transmission
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 3:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

How long until its fattened up enough to "invite" for dinner?

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sold

Sold

&

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 4:02 PM
Tech Team
Rick

Some market breed birds can be ready for sale in as little as 38 days from birth. Sixty days is more probably the case but these are layers.

Rick

shovelrick likes this.

post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

We hunted quail around here in the 70's and was a great tasting bird, place we went to is now a big hospital and med bldgs. seems like that everywhere I guess, BON A PETITE

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:35 PM
Senior Tech Team

Garage

That China virus must be affecting the brain for some of you. Otherwise, how could you have gotten so far off topic? Perhaps Dean is infected too because he's not here smacking you down for being off topic. ;

'69 Malibu
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 20, 5:38 PM
Tech Team
Rick

Those farm raised quail never coveyed like wild quail and there was never much sport in shooting them. The birds were usually too fat to fly but they did taste pretty good.

However, the farm raised quail were good for teaching a German Short Hair and an English Pointer how to point.

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in