Team Chevelle banner

Fisher Body "The Bodybuilders"

706 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  SSR71 
#1 ·
It seems like it took quite a bit of work to build cars back in the day. I wonder how much faster designs can be produced today compared to then.

#9 ·
I would admit that the older cars all looked different but lots and lots of butt ugly cars from that time era as well. As far as being made right I would much rather get in a wreck with a new car over anything old. That’s not even debatable.

#8 ·
The public used to pick an auto that appealed to them which was based upon style. There was a time when all kinds of stylistic difference were used to attract buyers. In those times, an automobile was not so commodified.

Enter the Japanese who were all about efficiency. Over the last 7 decades the whole buying proposition has been transformed because price and cost of ownership has trumped style. Unless you want a specialty vehicle, you settle for a jelly bean.

#11 ·
Watching it now. Wish this "periscope fims" group didn't add the crappy timecode and fake scratch lines.

Right around 3 minutes --- notice them looking at airbag designs? Did you know that GM was the first to market with airbags? Not the Germans, not the Swedes... and sure as hell not Chrysler! 1974 model year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.