BOCA RATON, FL Made The News Up Here This Evening Mike - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 20, 8:39 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
BOCA RATON, FL Made The News Up Here This Evening Mike

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...JAQRRBLXBWG2M/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 6:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

Re: BOCA RATON, FL Made The News Up Here This Evening Mike

Dean, these things are a very popular Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukka, birthday, brisse, barmitzvah, Halloween, MLK Day, Presidents day.........

Because of South Floridas canal systems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (4).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	617776  

Couple of junkers and a few clunkers.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 6:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

That's a weekly occurrence for the over 90 crowd.

Alligators gotta eat, too.
HKalin and kmakar like this.

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 6:31 PM
Senior Tech Team

Seems I remember a drained canal sometime back. Full of stolen cars and one Mafia type car found ?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 6:57 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy's Auto Repair View Post
Dean, these things are a very popular Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukka, birthday, brisse, barmitzvah, Halloween, MLK Day, Presidents day.........

Because of South Floridas canal systems.
What are those for?

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 8:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Dean those are for breaking the windows from inside so you can swim out...if you're faster than the Gators
LeoP, HKalin, 69SHEVL and 1 others like this.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 8:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
Dean those are for breaking the windows from inside so you can swim out...if you're faster than the Gators
The top is like a pin point hammer for busting glass and the bottom has a cutter blade for the seat belt.

You should be able to get out using one hand, so you can continue texting as you go down.
RAIDER SS, fishhead and shovelrick like this.

Mike

My

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

MCACN Gold
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 8:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 8:25 PM
Team Member
Bill

Garage

I graduated from Boca in 72 and the only canals back then were salt water off the intracoastal. That area must be the newer area that has been built into the everglades loaded with some nasty things just waiting for a tasty meal. One day I looked down and saw a rattler on my foot. Damn near jumped out of my shoes. I will stay in Boston, the critters don't eat us. LOL
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 9:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Hey Bill the critters here are how you know your heart is pumping good I had to say that, couldn't resist
LeoP and Billdini like this.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 20, 12:41 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jim

Your car runs off into a canal while the windows are closed and the aircon is on. Will it sink to the bottom immediately? If it floats, what should you do immediately? It sinks to the bottom and lands right-side-up, what should you do? Assume six feet deep. Will the power window(s) work? Could you crank it down (my no-frills pickup)? how big of hole in safety glass will that gizmo make? Just curious. I wonder if the NHTSA has done experiments on this.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 20, 1:21 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ'65 View Post
how big of hole in safety glass will that gizmo make? Just curious. I wonder if the NHTSA has done experiments on this.
Side windows are tempered, one whack turns the whole window into a million tiny pieces.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 20, 3:18 PM
Gold Member
Gene

HOLY FRIGGIN ~~!!!

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 20, 4:33 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

I just posted this because it was the only time I ever remember seeing Boca Raton, Fl on our local news and it reminded me of Mike <69SHEVL>.

Guess I learned something about the South Florida's canal systems.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 20, 8:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I just posted this because it was the only time I ever remember seeing Boca Raton, Fl on our local news and it reminded me of Mike <69SHEVL>.

Guess I learned something about the South Florida's canal systems.
Well, I've managed to keep out of the canals, so far.

It's those walls on the sides of the highway that's been my problem.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in