Filed claim against State Farm . . . . - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 11:02 AM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Re: Filed claim against State Farm . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 cruiser View Post
I think when I talked to Progressive, I might have talked to Jamie Cause it wasn't Flo.
You've got to watch that guy. He said he hears voices when walking through cornfields.
77 cruiser likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 12:52 PM
Tech Team
Gary

Garage

OK, off subject a bit, but when I was in the Navy, our military ID # was our SSN and we stenciled it on everything, I've been out for 34 yrs now. With the electronic world we live in today and all the identity theft, has the military changed their policy on using SSN's?

Just last year I was going through some of my records and came across a sheet of paper that had the full names and SSN's of every person that went in the same day I did from the Detroit area, and wondered how many guys still have that same paper with my name and numbers.

Gary

(oo_____oo)
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 2:32 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman628 View Post
OK, off subject a bit, but when I was in the Navy, our military ID # was our SSN and we stenciled it on everything, I've been out for 34 yrs now. With the electronic world we live in today and all the identity theft, has the military changed their policy on using SSN's?

Just last year I was going through some of my records and came across a sheet of paper that had the full names and SSN's of every person that went in the same day I did from the Detroit area, and wondered how many guys still have that same paper with my name and numbers.
As far as I know, they have. I worked with USAF (contractor employee) for 17 years up until a year ago. They are very "sensitive personal information" cognizant nowadays.

I flew C-130s for most of my 23 years in the USAF. When you land in a foreign country, you undergo "border clearance", which could be very casual or very rigorous, depending on whose sovereign territory you've entered. Immigration, customs, agriculture, quarantine, etc.

For immigration, you provide a crew list, passenger manifest, and in some cases, passports. Our crew list was the "Flight Authorization" a printed military order. On this order appeared your SSAN. I still have a copy of my last one dated August 1992. There they are:Full names, SSANs, etc. for each crewmember. So our info got passed out a lot; such nice places as Iquitos, Peru; U-Tapao, Thailand (Pattaya Beach, very nice); Maracaibo, Venzuela; etc. etc. etc. I've never lost any sleep over it.

Yes, I printed my ID (SSAN) on the duffel bag we were issued during incoming clothing issue. Didn't think much about that kind of stuff back int the day. It went with the all the rest of the treasures that disappeared while my stuff was in post-retirement storage for one year (courtesy of Uncle Sam). Probably dopers got it, but never had any ID theft issues...so far.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 3:45 PM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAT View Post
Next time call. And ask for Jake!
"What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?"
77 cruiser likes this.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 5:30 PM
Tech Team

Tell state farm your neck is starting to hurt real bad. That will get stuff done quick as I have found in past accidents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 6:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimac View Post
I was tagged from behind, recently, while beginning to move forward, on green, after a red light. It will probably be, just a rear fascia replacement on the 2017 Accord. Dropped of my vehicle yesterday, and now driving a 1500 Dodge Ram, Hemi, rental. I've since received an email from State Farm, asking for additional information, including my SS number. I consider that odd. After some google time, this appears to be "normal" procedure, with insurance companies, but, not a legally required request, by law. I haven't responded to their email yet. Any thoughts, or experiences with a similar situation ? Thanks
There is no legal requirement for you to talk to the other insurance company. They want to interview you over the phone and then they can build their case against you and your insurance company. It's how they fight for blame (and therefore dollars).
"Did you notice someone in your rearview mirror? Well, why didn't you accelerate or pull into another lane? If you knew they were going to rear end you, how do you not bare some of the fault?" -You see where this leads.
OOOOOOOH, ask me how I know???? Please! I want to explain what a 21yr old kid told the other ins co. Dumba$$.

Scott W.
Electrical Engineer

700R4
This is how we roll:

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 7:22 PM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Right. Dont answer the other guys soldiers. They are building their defense. If you did say yes to seeing him in the rear view mirror, answer yep, he was texting, looking down.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 8:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

That does sound odd that they would ask for your SS number. I too, rarely give out my number. I always leave it blank when asked on certain forms. I have never been questioned about leaving it blank. If I am ever questioned, I will just say that I can't remember it and will get it to you at a later date when I locate my card.
TerryAT likes this.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 8:31 PM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

A lawyer friend tells me that if you get hit from behind, itís their fault. No question about it.
The law says your supposed to maintain a speed and distance that allows you to stop for anything that happens in front of you. If you hit another car from behind you were either too close or moving to fast or not paying attention.
paul bell likes this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 20, 4:44 PM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

A friend was hit in the rear on the interstate, driving 70 mph in the right lane, the insurance company found him partly at fault because he was on the road, WTF? that is crazy, he got paid for his car but his record shows he was 30 percent at fault.

70 Chevelle SS396 (496) Straub roller, 700r4
69 Malibu convertible (sold)
95 Z28 Convertible T56 6 speed
TC #54 Gold

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 20, 6:05 PM
Tech Team
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToocoolZ28 View Post
A friend was hit in the rear on the interstate, driving 70 mph in the right lane, the insurance company found him partly at fault because he was on the road, WTF? that is crazy, he got paid for his car but his record shows he was 30 percent at fault.
If you are not between your lanes lines you are not on the normal traveling path. If it is proven you are not between the lines you can be found partially at fault.

Life is too short for caring about every bodies else's stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in