I got a Quickjack - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage
I got a Quickjack

I got a Quickjack open box special BL-5000SLX from the Mrs for Valentines day. It's for doing routine maintenance, oil changes, tire rotations, and anything else I normally use a jack and jack stands for. As much as I'd like to have a regular lift, I don't want one hogging up the whole shop, it's already too cluttered. I really hate doing the dance around all four corners with floor jacks. I'm hoping it works out. It'll fit under my C6, and with the adapters will also work for my RAV4. Not too sure about my stepside though. I just wish it was above 20 today. Looks like I'll get to play with it tomorrow and snap some pics. Anyone else have one? Tips, tricks?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 12:16 PM
rkd
Team Member
Ron

Re: I got a Quickjack

Let us know when you have used it some, I was thinking about one also.

66 Malibu Coupe, home rebuilt 350. Took me 39 years to get her!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 12:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lance

Garage

FWIW-I have a BL-5000 SLX + the extra rubber blocks for unit body cars/SUV's for sale. Used it just once, did not get high enough for my application, my floor jack and jack stands were higher. Got a little over $1200 in it with tax, etc., if anybody interested $1000 CASH deal. Local pick up, too expensive to ship due to weight. All assembled, ready to go.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 12:02 PM
Tech Team
grr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortec710 View Post
FWIW-I have a BL-5000 SLX + the extra rubber blocks for unit body cars/SUV's for sale. Used it just once, did not get high enough for my application, my floor jack and jack stands were higher. Got a little over $1200 in it with tax, etc., if anybody interested $1000 CASH deal. Local pick up, too expensive to ship due to weight. All assembled, ready to go.
I'd take it, if you were closer - Shipping would be too expensive...

Good luck....grr

grr
Build Thread

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 2:27 PM
Tech Team

I have a BendPak P6 pit lift, which is a more permanent stationary version of the Quickjack. My shop has too low of a ceiling for a full sized hoist, so this was the next best thing, and I love it. It is perfect for oil and changes, transmission service, brake jobs, etc. The one nice thing about the P6 is that it has sold platforms on top, so for an oil change or other quick front end inspection, you can just drive the front wheels onto it and lift. The down side is that even if you don't bolt it to the floor, it's heavy and not very portable. The BEST part is that I got mine used tthough a friend for FREE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05709.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	616666  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 4:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

This was an open box item, but it saved me a few hundred bucks coming in at $990. Everything was in great shape except for a handle for sliding it around. It was a little beat up. It's supposed to be factory refurbished and guaranteed, so I'll call monday about a replacement. Should be a good test of their customer service. Setup was straight forward and it works great. I probably spent 20 minuted setting it up. So far I only lifted my 4th gen with it, but I can see it making shop life so much easier. It's only on the first stop in the pic. It'll go up another few inches. It has no-leak quick disconnects on all the lines, and breaks down really fast for storage, and doesn't take up much room. I got the optional truck adapters. It looks like my stepside shouldn't be a problem.

71350SS likes this.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 4:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

What is the maximum height on that lift ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 4:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

Here's a better pic of my 93 for no apparent reason. I've had it for almost two and a half decades now.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 4:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
What is the maximum height on that lift ?

23.75" with optional adapters in first pic, 19" with supplied blocks. 3" minimum clearance. Fits under my C6.
71350SS likes this.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 4:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jim

i bought one when i put the t56 into the chevelle. used it to put all the snow tires on 3 cars. i love mine. expensive but it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7232.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	616682  
71350SS and ZZ69chevelle like this.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 5:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

Damn, that one lifts the planet off your Chevelle.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 5:38 PM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ69chevelle View Post
Damn, that one lifts the planet off your Chevelle.
Is it mounted on the ceiling?
DUTCH MAX HEADWORK likes this.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 5:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jim

i knew the comments would come. its like the chuck Norris of lifts . no idea why sometimes the pictures rotate.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 5:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvelle View Post
i bought one when i put the t56 into the chevelle. used it to put all the snow tires on 3 cars. i love mine. expensive but it works
That would be great for working on the ElCamino but dong oil changes that way might get a little messy
shovelrick likes this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 20, 6:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

You have an Awesome wife!
ZZ69chevelle and shovelrick like this.

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in