70 tv under $1,000 - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 2:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Im standing in front of a 65" Samsung QLED 4K smart and wow what a pic for $1,099 Im wishing I would have bought this instead of my Sony led

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 2:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
this tv almost looks 3D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 4:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Re: 70 tv under $1,000

I was at Sam's club earlier and these pics don't do this TV justice, I'm not pushing Samsung but I'd look into OLED or QLED beautiful picture, now I'm looking at my 65" Sony which is also a beautiful TV but I pulled the trigger to fast
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_143505_Film3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	612618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_143508_Film3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	612620  

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 4:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I was at Sam's club earlier and these pics don't do this TV justice, I'm not pushing Samsung but I'd look into OLED or QLED beautiful picture, now I'm looking at my 65" Sony which is also a beautiful TV but I pulled the trigger to fast
The problem is that the TVs all have a 'store demo' mode that massively enhances the picture. Once you get yours setup, you will have to go through a lot of steps to achieve the same picture at home, plus you will need to have true 4K content to feed into it. My Sony looks every bit as good - if not better - than any of the Samsung units.
shovelrick likes this.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 4:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
There are only 2 companies making an OLED tv, LG and Sony. The TCL tv is a QLED, not the same.
Duh, yeah the article is clear about that.

The TCL is less than half of the OLED.

I almost bought an OLED but the price has increased since the christmas sales.

The 65" LG OLED series C9 was $1700. It will be again soon.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 4:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
Im standing in front of a 65" Samsung QLED 4K smart and wow what a pic for $1,099 Im wishing I would have bought this instead of my Sony led
Rick,

Look at that article I posted. The QLED is just a glorified led tv. Only OLED is truly different and has the best "blacks" of all.

For a great 4K tv, the TCL at $800 was rated above the Samsung QLED.

If you can pay the price, you should be able to get an LG C9 series 65" OLED for $1700 soon.
shovelrick likes this.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 4:33 PM
Tech Team
Red

The last New TV I bought was a 43" Sanyo in 2010. In the last year the pic was starting to go darker down the sides so I thought I better start looking for a deal. Wife found a used Haier 58" on FB marketplace and after a bit of bartering we brought it home for $250 Canadian. I'm 59 years old and the eyesight ain't what it used to be so do I need 4K? I don't think so and 58" is plenty big enough for my 12x17 living room. If I ever decide to get a bigger TV than that it will be going in my shop/music room.

Sometimes a man's got to do what a woman would never consider.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 4:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

My old Sony wouldn't die so I bit the bullet and bought this off of Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-QN6...72.m2749.l2649

The picture quality is amazing compared to my old set. Can't go back now...
And the delivery was perfect.

67 Sport Sedan (project)
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 5:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
Joe

Garage

Saw a 70" at Target last night for $799

'67 ElCamino - Pro touring
and a few Pontiacs..
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 7:59 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville beth View Post
Rick,

For a great 4K tv, the TCL at $800 was rated above the Samsung QLED.
It's only rated above the Samsung because of the price. If you look at the review for the TCl, Samsung rates higher in design, same in everything else, except price. Plus, the reviewer is a Ruku fan, so you should add that into the mix as well.

68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 9:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Like Brian was saying earlier in the thread Demo set up is possibly making these look better but my 65" Sony Bravia looks the same in my living room as it did when on display, LG OLED looked fantastic too but was close to $2K, a football game is coming on now and this Sony Bravia looks great...Kathy just switched to Netflix

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 9:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McGill View Post
It's only rated above the Samsung because of the price. If you look at the review for the TCl, Samsung rates higher in design, same in everything else, except price. Plus, the reviewer is a Ruku fan, so you should add that into the mix as well.
This is what he said about the Samsung QLED :

Samsung's QLED TVs are basically fancy LCDs -- don't confuse them with OLEDs. The Q70R has an excellent picture and plenty of Samsung design and features goodies for a price that's relatively affordable, albeit not exactly "budget." If you're not interested in a TCL or Vizio and don't want to splurge for an OLED, the Q70 is an excellent choice.

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 20, 1:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikride View Post

Id prob just hit up a Costco
And get the biggest name brand you can
For the max you want to spend and call it
A day.
I agree with both Costco, and the name brand... Actually, my wife insisted on a "Sony" because of their reputation (and I don't recall any problems with other Sony brand stuff we have owned).

We bought a Sony, 75" from Costco in late-November, $1499.

That same model goes on sale (In store flyer) again January 12, 2020, for $1299. I am going to bring my receipt in and get some money back ($200!).

75XBR850, Item # 9757585
https://www.costco.com/sony-75%22-cl...100483581.html

I think its a mid-level TV, but for us its friggin' awesome... We upgraded from a 55" mid-level Sony, moved that to my "man-cave."

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 20, 4:24 PM
Super Mod
Bob

I just bought an LG 65" at Costco 3 weeks ago for $519 and it is awesome. Plenty good enough for me and 10X better than the 8 year old Sharp that i moved into my basement. I am really liking the Smart TV stuff.

1969 SS396 Convertible

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 20, 1:18 PM
Tech Team
Eddie

Garage

We bought a Samsung QLED 65" and picture quality is amazing, especially at that price. I have a LG OLED that we bought last year, and the QLED picture quality is very close to OLED at much cheaper price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in