What is your favorite TV car show? - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 20, 2:27 PM
Senior Tech Team
Kevin

Re: What is your favorite TV car show?

I like Iron Resurrection. Joe Martin is a killer fabricator and Shorty is a mad painter. Met them at SEMA this year just walking around (not at a meet and greet) and they were all super cool people. I also like Bitchin' Rides but the real talent is Dave's team. Kevin is pretty annoying but you can overlook him for the cool cars that come out of there. Poor people need not apply. When I was out there they said there is a 5 year wait list and the average car is north of $250K.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space" - Jim Whittaker

Ermine White/Red 1967 Chevelle Malibu
Forged Mike Lewis 383 rotating assembly
AFR Eliminator 195's
Lunati Voodoo 60122 roller cam
Inglese 50mm 8 stack injection
FAST XFI Street
SC&C Stage II Plus suspension
Hotchkis/Hellwig sway bars
Tremec TKO 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 20, 4:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelhop View Post
Why is there never re-runs of Wheeler Dealer with Edd China in the show?

I used to like that show with him in it but the new guy not so much.
Likely because those shows were prior to Discovery picking up the show (with MT taking over later). Could be a licensing issue.

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 20, 8:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

On Motor Trend...
Roadkill
Roadkill Garage
Hot Rod Garage
Dirt Every Day

On YouTube...
Finnegans Garage
Flying Sparks Garage
Junkyard Digs
Vice Grip Garage

On TV...
Bitchin Rides

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Best ET: [email protected] MPH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 20, 8:35 PM
Tech Team

I like V8TV with Dan Otsie. He always had good stuff on that show. I really liked the old Hot Rod tv in the late 90's before they put the former NHRA host on it and then they ruined the show.
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 20, 9:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin

Ah... just remembered another good show from the past -- Chop Cut Rebuild with Dan Woods. Actually saw one of their projects on Power Tour years back - the Auto Metal Direct Nova.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0097.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	612348   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0099.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	612350  

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 20, 9:58 PM
Tech Team
Dean

Roadkill
Roadkill Garage
Hot Rod Garage
Junkyard Gold
Engine Masters
BlueSS454 and Chris27 like this.

"Iím the one thatís got to die when itís time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."
Jimi Hendrix
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 20, 10:17 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eric

Roadkill can be fun to watch but I don't like that they are just basically taking cars that could be saved and ruining them just for a short laugh. I didn't like the episode where they took a nice Monte Carlo body and hacked it up to fit on a race car chassis then slammed it into a wall. What a waste.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 20, 12:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Pass Time used to be my favorite car/drag racing show. I enjoyed Dream Car Garage as well.

post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 20, 2:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansk View Post
Roadkill can be fun to watch but I don't like that they are just basically taking cars that could be saved and ruining them just for a short laugh. I didn't like the episode where they took a nice Monte Carlo body and hacked it up to fit on a race car chassis then slammed it into a wall. What a waste.
That Monte Carlo wasnít that nice lol.

post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 20, 2:04 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR71 View Post
I always preferred shows that focus on the mechanics/tech - actual doing things. Not drama.
This is why "Engine Masters" is the only one I watch. 0 drama, and I usually learn something when I watch it.

I don't want any drama in my own life, so I sure as hell ain't going to watch other people's drama for "entertainment".
Dean, jrs396, mr 4 speed and 1 others like this.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 20, 3:45 PM
Tech Team
Bill

Cool Re: What is your favorite TV car show?

Engine Masters ~ 5 stars

Hot Rod Garage ~ 4.5

Grand Tour ~ 4.0+ average

Fantom Works ~ 4.0+ average

Street Outlaws/Nashville ~ 3.5 - 4.5, variable range

Motor Week ~ 4.0+ for consistency & quality

AZN & Farm Truck Happy Hour ~ non-existent, but sure would tune-in

HONORABLE MENTION: World's Fastest Cars
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 20, 12:51 AM
Senior Tech Team

Roadkill is a memory gotta pay to watch now. Cant blame em most are kids on YT crying about free stuff.

If youre on YT watch UT garage or Nicks garage if you are a mopar nut.

vortecpro is on there too good stuff.

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 20, 1:59 PM
Gold Member
Gene

I must be atypical here, as I watch for escapism.... but for the purists I like FanthomWorks for sure, no BS there..... my fav "downtime" show was Last Chance Garage, I found it relaxing to watch those McGivers make stuff. Also like Fastest Carts iin The Dirty South, as those guys seem to have one helluva good time down there, and I dig on Eric's respectful yet warrior demeanor. . Damn, Muscle Shoals ALA as a vacation destination? My wife will think I've lost it - AGAIN!

AS an aside, I oft wonder what the vig is to these guys...the pay......other than the marketing aspect of it.

Another aside.... am I the only guy that cant stand Feiburger....? I mean, the lisp I can work around, the beach bum flip flips while wrenching...? and the condensention... its off the charts. Almost a classic passive 'aggressive. I wouldnt mind turning a few wrenches with his bud Finnegan. Way more grounded.

Dang I'm harsh.....

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 20, 2:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
Roadkill is a memory gotta pay to watch now. Cant blame em most are kids on YT crying about free stuff.

If youre on YT watch UT garage or Nicks garage if you are a mopar nut.

vortecpro is on there too good stuff.
Itís still free you just have to wait a few weeks to watch for free on Motor Trend On Demand. YouTube demonetized their videos. Canít continue to produce content without money.

post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 20, 2:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage

And for anyone wondering, the $50/year for MotorTrend On Demand is more than worth it. People spend more than that on BS they donít need in a week.
mr 4 speed likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in