Team Chevelle banner

Whatz a " Chevelle "

3K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  Droptop72 
#1 ·
Went to the Goodyear Store today to have new tires installed on the wifes (Subaru) Forester. While paying the bill, I asked if they may have new F or G-70 X 14 polyglass tire? The (young ) gentleman asked, What year and what kind of car.
I said a 70 Chevelle, He said,,,,, Whatz a " Chevelle "? I said , No big deal, I will look for a tire later.
It was the " Deer in the headlight look " and the words, " Whats a Chevelle ". The guy that sings the song about " Almost Heaven West Virginia." Would say............ " Far Out ". RIP. J. D.
Bob

#8 ·
I don't know about that the model T w a s produced fifty years before I was born and 108 years from today. Myself along with a.few.others are familiar with those.

#6 ·
I continue to buy Malibu's, as my latest is a 2018. The salesman, who was in his late 20's ask me why the Malibu, and not the new Camaro, told him a 72 Malibu 400 was my first car I owned. He asked if I had any photos of that car, and I told him I stilled owned it today, my 72, and showed him some photos on my phone. He said " Cool Chevelle, but where is the Malibu?"

Willie

#7 ·
Well, I guess Mustang, OK (suburb on west side of Okla City) is a car town. It seems everyone knows what all the old cars are. Even when I show up in the 51 Chevy, they don't ask me WHAT kind of car it is, they ask me what YEAR it is.

Attachments

#22 ·
I would've guessed '52 by the parking light area since that's how I tell the difference between '51 and '52. I seem to remember though you put a '52 doghouse or grill on it. Parents had a '51 when I was real young in the early-mid 50's.

#10 ·
First Chevelle I ever bought was a 1969 SS 396 car. My dad looked at it and said what the h**l is that thing, it a Chevelle I told him. Might as well bought a Impala instead of buying that piece of junk he muttered walking away. Ah you gotta love old people sometimes, OH WAIT, that me now. LOL

#25 ·
It’s a LFX model V6 from a 2013 Camaro. GM uses them in a bunch of other models too. Cadillac, Buick, GMC all use them in both RWD and FWD applications. It’s got double overhead cams on each bank, direct injection, aluminum block and heads and internal exhaust manifolds. It’s rated 325 HP, is pretty light and was really cheap (compared to an LS) since no one wanted them when I bought mine.
This car (almost done) will be my daily driver and my goal is 35 mpg on the highway.

#43 ·
Along the line of this thread, I swear to God I walked into an Autozone about ten years ago and asked the kid for a master cylinder for a 1987 F150. His response? What kind of vehicle is that?

Gee, I don't know, only the most popular vehicle in America for about the last forty years...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.