Another Wife Retiring - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 19, 10:27 AM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Another Wife Retiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
The toughest thing is remembering what day it is.
No need to remember what day it is....every day is Saturday once you are retired. Now you can endlessly put Honey Do stuff off with "Ok no sweat I will do it Saturday". After retirement you are never more than 1 day away from Sat. so blowing some Honey Do thing off until tomorrow usually works with the other ahlf.
HKalin and Kirk's67SS like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 19, 11:37 AM
Dennis

Garage

My retirement isn't what I was hoping it would be. I retired when I turned 70 last year. The wife and I planned on doing some day trips in the El Camino and just enjoying life for awhile. Well that never came about. My youngest brother(64) had a massive stroke in march and lost the whole front left lobe of his brain. Two weeks later he was 3 qts low on blood and they found a bleeding ulcer. His heart was under such stress that he ended up having a heart attack. Ended up in intensive care for 2 months. After intensive care he went to a facility for 2 months that specialized in brain injuries. In that 2 month period he went from wearing a diaper and not knowing his name to remembering who he was and being able to do daily hygiene. He is now in our care. Luckily he was never paralyzed. I take him to three different types of therapy 2 - 3 times per week. I'm not complaining. It was our choice to take care of him and not stick him in a nursing home where he would not get the care and attention that we give him. He's improving daily and is a joy to have around(better than the alternative). Our life is just put on hold for awhile. Wouldn't have it any other way. You just never know what life is going to throw at you. Enjoy it while you can.
LeoP, 68post, HKalin and 3 others like this.

Too soon old and too late smart.
Progress is not always forward.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 19, 11:40 AM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

Congrats to your wife for retiring. I highly recommend it.
My wife never worked so when I retired it was as much a change for her as me. She wasnít used to having me around.
So I got a shop about 10 minutes away so I wouldnít be in her hair and wouldnít have my tools and car stuff everywhere around the house.
Itís been almost 6 years now and Iím finding it harder to get time to go to the shop. Between traveling and honey-doís and more recently retired friends, my days are getting full.
LeoP and HKalin like this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 19, 12:24 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
My retirement isn't what I was hoping it would be. I retired when I turned 70 last year. The wife and I planned on doing some day trips in the El Camino and just enjoying life for awhile. Well that never came about. My youngest brother(64) had a massive stroke in march and lost the whole front left lobe of his brain. Two weeks later he was 3 qts low on blood and they found a bleeding ulcer. His heart was under such stress that he ended up having a heart attack. Ended up in intensive care for 2 months. After intensive care he went to a facility for 2 months that specialized in brain injuries. In that 2 month period he went from wearing a diaper and not knowing his name to remembering who he was and being able to do daily hygiene. He is now in our care. Luckily he was never paralyzed. I take him to three different types of therapy 2 - 3 times per week. I'm not complaining. It was our choice to take care of him and not stick him in a nursing home where he would not get the care and attention that we give him. He's improving daily and is a joy to have around(better than the alternative). Our life is just put on hold for awhile. Wouldn't have it any other way. You just never know what life is going to throw at you. Enjoy it while you can.

pretty much same thing happened to my step dad. One reason wife retired was to help take car of the grandfolks in the area.
HKalin and Sludge like this.

15 years in Craft Brewing/ Distilling Industry
Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Submarine Service SSN 575 / SSN 683

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 19, 3:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postsedan View Post
Plus, I would never get any more Pictures of all your travels.....that would make me very upset.

Dan
Another perfect day to be out driving around with my windows down.

Wish you were here, Cuz.
LeoP, busterwivell, HKalin and 1 others like this.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in