No More Muscle Car Review Mag - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 6:53 AM Thread Starter
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

No More Muscle Car Review Mag

Or Chevy High Performance print editions. Sadly among 17 other printed automotive magazines being shut down by TEN Publishing, per an article on dragracingonline.com. To be gone by the end of the year. Only Motor Trend, 4 Wheeler, and Hot Rod will remain. Also gone: Car Craft, Super Chevy, Vette, Mopar Muscle, and others. I subscribed to MCR and CHP and will miss them greatly. I don't know if some or all will still be available on-line. I for one like reading printed editions much more than reading things on-line.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 7:16 AM
Tech Team
Red

Re: No More Muscle Car Review Mag

Damn. I've been buying MCR for over 25 years, now what the hell will I read in the bathroom?
71350SS and NickeyChevelle like this.

Sometimes a man's got to do what a woman would never consider.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 7:49 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
jimmyradford

Dang, I have had subscriptions to both for probably 12 yrs.

TC Member # 4431
'16 GMC Denali XL- 6.2L's are sweet
'07.5 Chevrolet 2500HD-6.6 D-Max
'07.5 Chevrolet Suburban
'67 Chevrolet Biscayne- SS427 L-36/TH400/10 bolt (Hers)
'67 Hell Camino-BB 427/TH400/4.10 (His)

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-Orsen Wells

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and they're generally more useful.
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 8:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

MCR is my favorite mag and I renewed my subscription in October for 2 more years. Why didn't they tell us it was being shut down?

Think they will refund our money?

Very disappointing!

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 8:45 AM
Senior Tech Team

I just renewed my subscription to car craft for 3 years about a month ago. I wonder if I'll get my money back?

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 (SOLD)

post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 9:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

I renewed Car Craft a while back for 3 years. I've been getting e-mails to re-subscribe to Super Chevy weekly for the past several months. Glad I didn't.
Now what do I do with 30+ years of magazines in boxes? They'll soon be antiques.

66 Malibu

post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 9:41 AM Thread Starter
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
I just renewed my subscription to car craft for 3 years about a month ago. I wonder if I'll get my money back?
I'm guessing they'll give you an equal number of issues remaining with your choice of Hot Rod, Motor Trend, or 4 Wheeler. Might try to pass off on-line subscriptions as equal.

post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 9:44 AM Thread Starter
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Redneck View Post
Damn. I've been buying MCR for over 25 years, now what the hell will I read in the bathroom?
Yeah kind of a pain to lug a laptop in there and balance it on your knees.That's if they continue on-line.

post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 10:10 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

I unfortunately haven't enjoyed a good magazine in quite some time. They pretty much have all turned into catalogs. There's more ads then articles in them now.

I hate to hear several of them have folded. Maybe they can focus on better tech in the remaining few and bring some readers back?

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 10:11 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by von View Post
I'm guessing they'll give you an equal number of issues remaining with your choice of Hot Rod, Motor Trend, or 4 Wheeler. Might try to pass off on-line subscriptions as equal.
That sucks, already subscribe to hot rod and the other choices suck.

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.

70 (SOLD)

post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 10:13 AM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

I'm surprised they hung on this long.
Pete 67 likes this.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 11:10 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage
I foresee an immediate jump in subscriptions for hemmings various print magazines...

Nothing online can replace the stack of mags to flip through when I'm bored... Plus the distraction the day they show up in the mailbox.
1966_L78, 64elkynss, von and 6 others like this.

Ben R.

-

post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 1:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

I remember reading some of these mags in the high school library at lunch time back in the '80s. End of an era. Terry
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 1:33 PM
Team Member
Tom

It does not surprise me for 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!
My first magazine subscription was HOTROD in 1968 (still have them in the attic) until about 10yrs ago. I also have subscribed to several other magazines, especially Chevy related publications.
I finally got so sick of all the ads, articles that were WAAAAAY beyond the resources of the average car enthusiast, incorrect information and failure of the authors to research or proof read their articles. In past years, it has been abundantly obvious that published information about automotive subjects have simply been piggy backed from other sources which were incorrect, and the authors simply continued to provide wrong or inaccurate information. Clearly, many of the authors never researched the information, nor bothered to proof read their articles before sending them out for publication. I just let everything expire and have not missed one single publication.

I gain more knowledge and information from forums like this than I ever did the last few years of the publications that I had.

Furthermore, this forum (and group of people) is miles above other automotive forums which I sometimes visit. Sometimes, when on other forums, I just hang my head and wonder where they come from!

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 19, 1:57 PM
Senior Tech Team
Roland

Thanks for posting this..I just subscribed and like many of you I now want my money back. They give you an email address as the contact. I looked for a phone number, but couldn't find one. I don't want Hot Rod or any other mag.

Many of you may not know this, but you can probably get some or all of those mags free online at your local library. Sure, you don't get the magazine, but you can print off the articles you like and not deal with the tons of ads you get from magazines now.

"The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap."

-Ayn Rand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in