10.665 Quarter Mile - 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 1:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage
10.665 Quarter Mile - 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500

A kid ran a 10.665 in his 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...er-mile-video/

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 1:39 PM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Re: 10.665 Quarter Mile - 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500

Crazy fast. Hope he doesnt push his luck too many times. (Where does a kid get one of these?)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 1:55 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

And not every other word out of his mouth is an f-bomb. That's almost remarkable as the 10.665.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 2:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAT View Post
(Where does a kid get one of these?)

Usually from a Ford dealership.
71350SS likes this.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 2:31 PM
Gold Member

This makes me feel very old. I remember when an ET like that went with the top gas dragsters. Awesome stuff.
Alan F, DUKE 69 and fr8dog like this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 2:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Very impressive. It was also be impressive when the results can be duplicated. I have seen my share of factory 9,10 and 11 second 1/4 mile modern muscle run in the 11's,12's and 13's at the drag strip.
64elkynss, von, Steve R and 1 others like this.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 19, 5:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

That was in Dallas on his road trip back home to the west coast. It was day 3 of ownership. The car dyno'd at 705rwhp. Impressive. And the 10.665 was on factory tires.

'66 SS Chevelle

bored small big block
performance to be determined.
91 octane special.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 12:17 AM
Tech Team
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
This makes me feel very old. I remember when an ET like that went with the top gas dragsters. Awesome stuff.
yes very depressing, when i was in high school ( 1979) 12 second modified muscle cars were fast, now any one with the greens can go to a dealership and pick up a 10 second car.

my roller cam big blocked nova can barely hit those times... time for forced induction i guess.

15 years in Craft Brewing/ Distilling Industry
Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Submarine Service SSN 575 / SSN 683

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 6:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lance

Garage

What was the delivered price on this little toy ?? I suspect if our "dated dinosaurs " had a similar power adder, i.e., an efficient blower, the ET gap might prove to be less. We are dealing for the most part with 50 year old vehicles / technology that was considered quick for its day. Update your ride with a 6 or 7 liter LS with a blower / turbo and a decent drivetrain and the picture changes. Be content with what you have or step it up with current technology if you and your wallet feel you have to go that fast, there will always be a quicker or faster ride somewhere.
71350SS likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 7:38 PM
Senior Tech Team

The kid and his passengers are tools. The track didn’t even tell him to wear a helmet, nice, the would be working for him if he hurt himself after his second run.

Steve R
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 8:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortec710 View Post
What was the delivered price on this little toy ?? I suspect if our "dated dinosaurs " had a similar power adder, i.e., an efficient blower, the ET gap might prove to be less. We are dealing for the most part with 50 year old vehicles / technology that was considered quick for its day. Update your ride with a 6 or 7 liter LS with a blower / turbo and a decent drivetrain and the picture changes. Be content with what you have or step it up with current technology if you and your wallet feel you have to go that fast, there will always be a quicker or faster ride somewhere.
The real benefit of driving a Chevelle is it's rare to see a nice one and they really stand out in the looks department compared to modern cars.

How many people take notice of a 2020 mustang ? I lost interest a long time ago in being the fastest, baddest car around. People notice these old cars because they bring back memories.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 9:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I think their going to start the Hertz rent-a-racer deal again too will history repeat itself lol
64elkynss likes this.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 9:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I think their going to start the Hertz rent-a-racer deal again too will history repeat itself lol
In 1970, I was 16 years old and looking for a car at Bob Frensley Ford in Nashville with my dad.

There was a 65 mustang, black with gold stripes but badly faded paint.

Body was in good shape and interior ok, carpets faded. The car had spent a lot of time in a hot climate but seemed to be great mechanically.

It was an automatic trans. I started it and it rumbled and sounded good.

I had no clue why it didn't idle smooth like other cars !

Popped the hood and it had the cobra valve covers and air cleaner.

They were asking $1000. That's ONE thousand dollars

And my Dad thought it was too much.

I didn't know what I was looking at but I've never forgotten that car.

A 65 GT350 Shelby Hertz Mustang.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelby GT350.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	610230  
bikeron and shovelrick like this.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 19, 10:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

If we only knew what was to come! the cars I passed on (67 440 mag 4 spd coronet R/T my dad wouldn't let me buy at 16) and sooo many others but none as valuable as that Shelby Beth

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 12:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron

In my case, it was a Jag XKE, 3.8L, 3 SU's, at the Crysler dealer. $2K. I told my Dad to buy it and put it on blocks in the garage.

20 years later we were somewhere walking and saw one. He then said we should have bought that one; he didn't even know how much they went up in value. He loved the way it looked.

They now sell in 100K range...

My car is here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in