Veterans Day... - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

19Likes
  • 9 Post By WakkoWarner
  • 5 Post By buenymayor
  • 4 Post By 427L88
  • 1 Post By 71-SS350

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage
Veterans Day...

Today I want to express my gratitude for all of those who have given freely of themselves to serve this great nation. Your service and sacrifice are the reason that I can do this.

Some of you bear scars and pain that I can never fully understand. And while I can not grasp the way you feel or the demons that you battle, I can be grateful. Thank you for your service.

jrs396, 427L88, badrad and 6 others like this.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 12:14 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brian

Re: Veterans Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakkoWarner View Post
Today I want to express my gratitude for all of those who have given freely of themselves to serve this great nation.
You are welcome. It truly was an honor to serve, and that is something no one can take away.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Yeah man! Please to remember that Vets fought for EVERYONE's freedom, every citizen. It dishonors that when folks decide to use their freedom to dis on fellow citizens. Pay attention, you should see that Vets do that alot less than civilians do. Most of us get it.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 10:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

I'm proud to have served. We drove over to the Riverside National Cemetery this weekend to honor my brother-in-law, who died from effects of Agent Orange. Seeing all the rolling hills lined with American flags will get you to reflect for a while.................

66 Malibu

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 2:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Garage

I think that everyone should visit a National Cemetery if they have a chance. To look over and read the descriptions of each marker or gravestone makes you think of who this person was, what they did, and how they died.

Ed

70 El Camino SS 396
68 GTO (Thanks Mom)
06 Silverado
07 SRX
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 2:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Am very proud of my service during a time when it was difficult to be in the military. I enlisted in June 67 right after HS and served until April 70. 14 months Germany with 3/12th Cav, part of 3rd Armd. Div. then 12 months Viet Nam 84th Engr. Bn. Apr 69 to Apr 70. My Dad was a WWII vet, my older brother enlisted in 65 and I followed in 67. My Father In Law and both of wife's Uncles are WWII vets, all gone now. Have been to "The Wall" in Washington DC, have several buddies listed on it from HS and service time. Made it three times there while in DC, last trip was late at night. The darkness brings it back close and a lot of the memories I wish I could forget. Made it to Arlington and observed Changing of The Guard. Very humbling experience seeing all those crosses.

I thank all my fellow vets who went before me, during my service time and after for having my back and the nations back. I remember !
pduncan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in