Ever run yourself down and forget to eat? - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

8Likes
  • 3 Post By Jim Mac
  • 2 Post By buenymayor
  • 2 Post By Lew540
  • 1 Post By busterwivell

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Jim Mac
Ever run yourself down and forget to eat?

My grandkids spent the night and with our dog situation the kids sleep on the couch, I get the recliner and wife and dog gets the bedroom. So I cant sleep on the recliner very well, not getting a decent nights sleep, get up and eat a small breakfast and a donut at the park after we cardboard ski down the hill for a half an hour. Go home a grill cheese and hang out with the kids. Still run down and lethargic. Later as im cooking dinner I realize I really didn't eat much today. So six tacos and a plate of rice, pumpkin pie, ice cream ive got my second wind back! Unfortunately gotta hit the hay early, got us scheduled for 10 hour days for the next two weeks.
So guys, remember to stop and eat before you find yourself burnt out and exhausted. Jim
Steve R, LeoP and Hotwire like this.

Jim

70 chevelle, SS clone 454 4 speed
71 camaro. (owned since 1978!) 6-71 blown small block 400
66 chevelle 350 4 speed 3.55 12 bolt
66 el camino 350 th350 parts hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 12:03 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin

Re: Ever run yourself down and forget to eat?

Not so much as forgetting to eat, but lately had a few times after getting home from work where I'd fall asleep on the couch and sleep through dinner time. Finally getting up 9-9:30ish (or surprisingly around 11 one night), which is too late for making dinner. Also, I sometimes will simply become too engrossed in whatever I'm working on and realize I've worked through lunch, so I just grab a quickie snack and just wait for dinner.

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 5:58 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

When I get involved in a project I forget to eat too. In fact, I barely take time to find a tree out back for a bathroom break. I hate to break the rhythm stopping to eat, and if I do, I don't feel like get back into whatever I was doing as much. There's nothing like a brick of lasagna to take the fun out of a rear end swap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 7:20 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brian

Fairly common during spring and fall for me to not eat much (although it doesn't show). Ate a bowl of cereal yesterday at 6am, got working around the house and farm, then went over to help my cousin pull the injection pump on his combine. His mom showed up about 7pm with a pizza and some fried chicken. Got to thinking, hmmmm.... that bowl of cereal 13 hours later was all I'd had all day. If I'm busy working, I don't even think about food.
DUKE 69 and ZZ69chevelle like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 12:27 PM
Tech Team
Bryan

Not me, I get hangry if I don't eat. When life give me one of those really busy stretches though, I've been known to run on about 4 or 5 hours of sleep for up to a couple weeks at a time. Usually this ends with me coming down with a bad cold and being forced to rest, but I still eat

'66 SS Clone
Fast Burn 385hp Crate 350 (for now)
Muncie M20 & 3.42 Posi
UMI Stage 2 Suspension all around
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 12:29 PM
Gold Member
Gene

I fast quite deliberately, so NO! When I dont eat, I KNOW it!

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 5:19 PM
Dennis

Send a message via AIM to Sludge Send a message via MSN to Sludge Send a message via Yahoo to Sludge

When I was growing up in So. Dak. we lived on the farm. Come harvesting time there was many long working hours. We would have a huge meal at noon. Would take a short cat nap (about 1/2 hr.) after lunch and be all refreshed and ready to hit it again until 4 when the women would bring out a small snack (usually sandwiches and fresh fruit) and an ice cold beer. Then we would work till around 9 pm or later and have a small supper. Now days i find it hard to quit working on a project and disrupt my rhythm. But if I don't stop to grab a bite to eat I end up getting a headache. So I stop to eat.

Too soon old and too late smart!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 7:05 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

I can go from breakfast until 10 or 11 pm if I am busy without food.
The last few years I found that I better drink water or I will get muscle cramps in my fingers.

71 Malibu
Asst Novas
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 19, 7:57 PM
Tech Team
Lew

Garage

I think the fluids is where people can forget too. Probably more important than the food in the short run.
DUKE 69 and ZZ69chevelle like this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 12:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

6 tacos and a plate of rice with pumpkin pie and ice cream anytime after 6pm for me equals a sleepless night, danged reflux.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

Owning a Chevelle project is like having a giant-size piggy bank that you keep pouring money into....but you can't get it back out.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 2:06 AM
Tech Team

For me, carbs in the AM get me going but within 2 hours I have to eat some protein or my blood sugar gets too low and I get tired. I also do intermittent fasting and that really keeps stuff stable for me.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 10:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

I must not be suffering from that. For 50 years I've weighed 175. Been retired for 16 months and I've gained 10 lbs............might have to go back to work!
ZZ69chevelle likes this.

66 Malibu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 19, 9:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Like some others have said, once I get working in the garage, I get in the zone and forget to eat.

Team Chevelle Member (19 years and counting...
)

'72 Chevelle Convertible (Mohave Gold) (all SS options, no SS badging)

2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver) RIP April 2013
--> Replaced with 2004 Pontiac GTO (Barbados Blue)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche (Sunset Orange Metallic)
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 19, 7:59 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Not since I was a teenager. I used to a lot then, now I'm more likely to eat and forget to get up.
Back then, I'd get up and leave in the morning, be out all day, come home, miss dinner... Those days are gone.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in