1970 chevelle SS beware of this guy - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
lou

Send a message via AIM to roadster601
1970 chevelle SS beware of this guy

hello all i like to post for a bad advertising on e bay if im in the wrong room please say so,. im warning you all there are many good people who are honorable and trustworthy on e bay and there are a few not so good i know my 70 chevelle SS didn't have a trunk release. so i looked on E bay found a unit the seller /owner says it will fit perfectly, its advertised for a 67 to 69 camaro,my question will it fit, he insisted i sold many for a 70 chevelle so i bought it 200.27, PS didn't fit i attempted to ask for a refund he says based on what he installed and sold it will work so hes not obligated to refund or even a partial refund, eBay says dont know lets see in 48 hrs. ask him to honer what he sold for a refund refused so im posting his info as a warning to you all to use better judgement more than i did thanks for reading posted is the eBay seller
Todd Rosenzweig
11184 Mayflower Rd,
Spring Hill, FL, 34608-2910
once again if im in the wrong area please say so thank you

lou
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 12:58 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Re: 1970 chevelle SS beware of this guy

Can't understand why seller refuses to give a refund if item is in same condition as received? Don't think I would ever take word of a seller that item wI'll fit my application. Maybe a known seller on this site but not ebay.
Guess if you can't get a refund your only choice is to give seller bad review and relish on ebay yourself for a few $$ less than his sell for.
LeoP and roadster601 like this.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 1:22 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Can't understand why seller refuses to give a refund if item is in same condition as received? Don't think I would ever take word of a seller that item wI'll fit my application. Maybe a known seller on this site but not ebay.
Guess if you can't get a refund your only choice is to give seller bad review and relish on ebay yourself for a few $$ less than his sell for.
thanks brad well its here to see who he is

lou
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 2:23 PM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

I think you'll be fine if you maybe provide a little proof, like a picture of the mounting differences. Even without proof, ebay usually sides with the buyer but you have to provide a little information to convince their staff.....remember, they aren't car guys and will not do much research so if you're specific in your wording, they'll likely buy what you're selling.
I'll dig up a pic of a real one and post in a bit.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 3:22 PM
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Maybe I am wrong and not trying to be negative,but Ebay may say you bought a latch advertised to fit a Camaro, not a Chevelle.

Hope i am wrong and it should never get to that point as the seller should have manned up and did the right thing.
roadster601 likes this.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 3:27 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats70ss View Post
Maybe I am wrong and not trying to be negative,but Ebay may say you bought a latch advertised to fit a Camaro, not a Chevelle.

Hope i am wrong and it should never get to that point as the seller should have manned up and did the right thing.
If the correspondence between the two was through eBay and it shows that the seller said it will work in a 1970 Chevelle they should side with the buyer. Without that, they will side with the seller.

File a dispute with eBay, donít bother dealing with the seller anymore. Include a copy of your communication where he says itís right for your application.

Steve R
LeoP, 1943MB and roadster601 like this.

Last edited by Steve R; Nov 10th, 19 at 3:33 PM. Reason: Z
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 3:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
If the correspondence between the two was through eBay and it shows that the seller said it will work in a 1970 Chevelle they should side with the buyer. Without that, they will side with the seller.

File a dispute with eBay, donít bother dealing with the seller anymore. Include a copy of your communiywhere he says itís right for your application.

Steve R
Exactly. This is a practice of mine when buying a part I or the seller is a little vague about application.......also ask, then their response is as good as if it's in the ad heading.
Steve R and roadster601 like this.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 4:34 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster601 View Post
hello all i like to post for a bad advertising on e bay if im in the wrong room please say so,. im warning you all there are many good people who are honorable and trustworthy on e bay and there are a few not so good i know my 70 chevelle SS didn't have a trunk release. so i looked on E bay found a unit the seller /owner says it will fit perfectly, its advertised for a 67 to 69 camaro,my question will it fit, he insisted i sold many for a 70 chevelle so i bought it 200.27, PS didn't fit i attempted to ask for a refund he says based on what he installed and sold it will work so hes not obligated to refund or even a partial refund, eBay says dont know lets see in 48 hrs. ask him to honer what he sold for a refund refused so im posting his info as a warning to you all to use better judgement more than i did thanks for reading posted is the eBay seller
Todd Rosenzweig
11184 Mayflower Rd,
personally installed these in Chevelles without modifications and they fit and function perfectly. 1970-1972 are all the same trunk lids.

This is clearly a buyer's remorse, unreasonable request for a return.

Ebay themselves, wrote to me and at the top of the return request, it stated, "you have no obligation to complete this return".
roadster601:

i said that, the box i tried to adjusted it trunk still sits to high, its not unreasonable request. if you can not refund ill go to eBay everyone on eBay has no issue on returns your the first.
this what he wrote back to me

lou
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 4:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

File a dispute with eBay, donít bother dealing with the seller anymore. Include a copy of your communication where he says itís right for your application.

Steve R
Steve eBay just told me eBay said there done or go to pay pal unreal. believe me i do plenty of business on e bay this is a first. and all over seas operators and supervisors now im out 200.00 plus

the bad seller is listed on top please pass it around

lou
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 4:41 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
good idea

lou
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 5:14 PM
Team Member
Tom

Just for additional information.

For ths past 20+yrs, EVERY SINGLE (used) PART that I have bought for our 70conv, or our son's 68 Chevelle, has been purchased right here from Team Chevelle ads. I have NEVER had a disappointing transaction with someone selling parts on TC. I have bought such parts as elec trunk releases. One of them came with the correct green button for the glove box. I've bought map light mirrors, some with and some without the complete wire, but that is easy to add. I bought an outside left remote mirror, installed and works perfect. And various parts.

I've bought some parts that were advertised in the ads, and I've placed some wanted ads with responses from people that had exactly what I asked for.
I do ZERO business with ebay!

MOST, repeat, MOST new or reproduction parts that I have bought from Chevelle vendors have been as expected. I admit, some repo parts have been kind of pricey--------------BUUUUUUUT, you usually get what you pay for.
LeoP and roadster601 like this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)

Last edited by DZAUTO; Nov 10th, 19 at 5:29 PM.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 5:24 PM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

Can you edit and repost post #8....tough to follow. If your dialogue with the ebay seller and eBay's staff is ambiguous, it certainly won't help your case.
71350SS and roadster601 like this.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 5:39 PM
Team Member
Tom

I cannot attest to other 68-72 GM A-body cars (such as Cutlass, Lemans, etc), but for sure the remote elec trunk release that fits 68-72 Chevelles will work on all 68-72 Chevelle trunks.

Although, one thing. On a 68 trunk, there is one little area that has to be trimmed to get the solenoid/latch to fit into the trunk lid. The same bolts and bolt holes are the same for the regular latch and the elec latch.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 5:50 PM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZAUTO View Post
I cannot attest to other 68-72 GM A-body cars (such as Cutlass, Lemans, etc), but for sure the remote elec trunk release that fits 68-72 Chevelles will work on all 68-72 Chevelle trunks.

Although, one thing. On a 68 trunk, there is one little area that has to be trimmed to get the solenoid/latch to fit into the trunk lid. The same bolts and bolt holes are the same for the regular latch and the elec latch.
This is true with early '69 lids also...up until dec.68 ish.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 19, 9:01 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster601 View Post
Todd Rosenzweig
11184 Mayflower Rd,
--> Funny but I've bought some parts (a power seat track) from a guy named "Frank Rosenzweig" also from Spring Hill FL. but with a different street address. Coincidence?Ö or... did he change his first name on Ebay? Is he related to Todd Rosenzweig?Ö I dunno but he could be. With such a family name, I wouldn't be surprised especially since they're in the same town. Anyway, the junk he sold me never worked properly so a year later, I brought it back to him while vacationing in FL. He replaced it with second one (supposedly better) but I had to pay again for it. Once back home in Canada it turned out that the "new" track was as bad as the first one.
I finally got rid of his junk and bought another seat track from someone else (who took my defective track as a trade-in) and everything is working fine now. One thing for sureÖis that I'll never buy anything from that guy again!

Claude.
LeoP, Kirk's67SS and roadster601 like this.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in