Maryland chevelle show in June - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Maryland chevelle show in June

Is anyone from the Oklal-Texas area planning to attend Maryland next June?
I'm giving serious consideration about going and wondering if anyone else from this area is going.

Also, has anyone from this area made the Maryland show in the past? How long did it take to get there?
427L88 and Chevelle_Nut like this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 1:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Maryland chevelle show in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZAUTO View Post
Is anyone from the Oklal-Texas area planning to attend Maryland next June?
I'm giving serious consideration about going and wondering if anyone else from this area is going.

Also, has anyone from this area made the Maryland show in the past? How long did it take to get there?
Mustang Ok to North East, Md.

Twenty one hours of drive time doing the speed limit, not including fuel, food and potty breaks.

Boats, crocheting for the wife, and firearms welcome.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 2:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post
Mustang Ok to North East, Md.

Twenty one hours of drive time doing the speed limit, not including fuel, food and potty breaks.

Boats, crocheting for the wife, and firearms welcome.

Better not carry, concealed or otherwise, in the Peoples Republic of MD, not a reciprocal state.
Gunn317 likes this.

Two 72 Chevelle Malibus, both 350 2bbls one Placer Gold, one Midnight Bronze

Other cars:
2005 Pontiac Vibe
2005 Ford Excursion
2000 Dodge Durango
2003 Mercedes E320
2-2018 Ford Fusions
2013 Ford Fusion
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 3:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle_Nut View Post
Better not carry, concealed or otherwise, in the Peoples Republic of MD, not a reciprocal state.

Okla Gov Stit, as of Nov 1, 2019, signed into law allowing that anyone over 21 can carry a firearm WITHOUT attending training or getting a carry permit. It is considered a Constitutional right per the 2nd Amendment.
I guess Okla is STILL considered the wild west.
I never leave home without a firearm. Most of the time I carry the Ruger .380 because it is perfect for putting it in my pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	.44 mag-holster.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	607136   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3880.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	607138   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1934.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	607140   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0524.jpg
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	607142  

Name:	DSCN0576.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	607146   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0577.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	607148  

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 10:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
leo

I don't know about anyone coming from OK, but Dan Carr drove one of his Sprints and trailered another one from Colorado and Bob Macy came from Post, Texas one time.
427L88 likes this.

Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 10:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

Roger Day came up from Texas a few years ago. Jon Eide is coming from Iowa next year.
427L88 likes this.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

Best ET: [email protected] MPH

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Well, if I make it, I should be easy to identify.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB06 trailer.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	607196  
427L88, LeoP and caminonut like this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 8:08 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSS454 View Post
Roger Day came up from Texas a few years ago. Jon Eide is coming from Iowa next year.
Some people come up from South Florida, as well.

All roads lead to the MCC Show.
BlueSS454 and LeoP like this.

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 11:32 AM
Gold Member
Gene

I was thinking of Jon, but he runs a route well north of what Tom would be driving. ( i * think* says the Yankee).

Tom, the year after they stole a trailer w/car from the motel parking lot, I actually packed a bit more firepower than my usual sidearm. M4 carbine, night sights and a few hundred rounds, including SS109 AP. I was looking to party! ( and still suspected the heist was an "inside job" btw)

MD or not, I never leave home w/o it. And I don't mean my VISA card. Trouble with that scenario is that if you do have to protect yourself in a non US state like MD, you might have to dispose of the body. But, Uncle Sam taught us well, so...

Then there was one UNMENTIONABLE member who just HAD to show me his sidearm on the show field in MD. Funny stuff! Us patriots knowingly breaking laws, eh? Rebels rule!

Funny thing about the Chevelle clan, there's always a bunch of us who have each others backs.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, it would be great if you could make it up to Maryland Tom. I hated missing the show this year. My engine was out and my MD travel buddy, framer, was down as well. Looking forward to next year of course, and even moreso as I could make a full 1/4 pass @ Cecil Cty Raceway with the new Mark Jones heart transplant, but TRIPLY now, as maybe I could visit with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while.

No brake issues allowed this time DZ. None . Zero.

Oh, and its been a few years Tom, you dont need to fill the whole trailer full of beer; us older folks dont drink as much as we used to!
LeoP and Chevelle_Nut like this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 12:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
I was thinking of Jon, but he runs a route well north of what Tom would be driving. ( i * think* says the Yankee).

Tom, the year after they stole a trailer w/car from the motel parking lot, I actually packed a bit more firepower than my usual sidearm. M4 carbine, night sights and a few hundred rounds, including SS109 AP. I was looking to party! ( and still suspected the heist was an "inside job" btw)

MD or not, I never leave home w/o it. And I don't mean my VISA card. Trouble with that scenario is that if you do have to protect yourself in a non US state like MD, you might have to dispose of the body. But, Uncle Sam taught us well, so...

Then there was one UNMENTIONABLE member who just HAD to show me his sidearm on the show field in MD. Funny stuff! Us patriots knowingly breaking laws, eh? Rebels rule!

Funny thing about the Chevelle clan, there's always a bunch of us who have each others backs.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, it would be great if you could make it up to Maryland Tom. I hated missing the show this year. My engine was out and my MD travel buddy, framer, was down as well. Looking forward to next year of course, and even moreso as I could make a full 1/4 pass @ Cecil Cty Raceway with the new Mark Jones heart transplant, but TRIPLY now, as maybe I could visit with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while.

No brake issues allowed this time DZ. None . Zero.

Oh, and its been a few years Tom, you dont need to fill the whole trailer full of beer; us older folks dont drink as much as we used to!

Nope, when I go to that part of MD I come up either US29, I-81 or the dreaded I-95.

Other cars:
2005 Pontiac Vibe
2005 Ford Excursion
2000 Dodge Durango
2003 Mercedes E320
2-2018 Ford Fusions
2013 Ford Fusion
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 1:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Quote:
Nope, when I go to that part of MD I come up either US29, I-81 or the dreaded I-95.

A few days ago, Tom Rightler recommended a route for me to take. It's the way he traveled from MD to TN. So the other day I went to AAA and got state maps (AND NO, I DO NOT DO GPS) from OK to MD and highlighted the route. I understand that I-95 is always busy, but it looks as If I will have to take it from Baltimore to Northeast.
From TN up to VA I'll take I-81 then across on 340. I've studied the maps and have commuted the route to memory. The very first time I drove to CB, that's how I did it and I drove straight to the Best Western (it was Shoneys back then). In the early 60s, the US Army taught me how to get from A to B with a map and a compass-------------------and it still works today. It allows me to KEEP MY EYES ON THE ROAD AND NOT ON THAT THINGY ON THE DASH THAT IS A DISTRACTION!!!

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 1:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speak for yourself!!!!!!!!!!
But in HONOR of Chuck, I WILL bring a fresh bottle of Jack Daniels! It will be right on top of the ice in the big chest.
BlueSS454 likes this.

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 2:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Along that line. I always have something with me. My thinking is real simple: I would rather be Judged by " 12 ",, Than carried by " 6 " !..........
Bob
LeoP and roadster601 like this.

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 2:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZAUTO View Post
A few days ago, Tom Rightler recommended a route for me to take. It's the way he traveled from MD to TN. So the other day I went to AAA and got state maps (AND NO, I DO NOT DO GPS) from OK to MD and highlighted the route. I understand that I-95 is always busy, but it looks as If I will have to take it from Baltimore to Northeast.
From TN up to VA I'll take I-81 then across on 340. I've studied the maps and have commuted the route to memory. The very first time I drove to CB, that's how I did it and I drove straight to the Best Western (it was Shoneys back then). In the early 60s, the US Army taught me how to get from A to B with a map and a compass-------------------and it still works today. It allows me to KEEP MY EYES ON THE ROAD AND NOT ON THAT THINGY ON THE DASH THAT IS A DISTRACTION!!!
Yes, I-81 to US-340 (past Harpers Ferry and merges with US-15 in Frederick County) to I-70 East, take the Baltimore Beltway Inner Loop I-695 to I-95 North. After you cross the Susquehanna (pay a toll) you will be at the exit for Northeast.

My kids are amazed whenever we go to MD I do not use a GPS. I was born and raised there and even after 30 years I can get to where I need to go.
LeoP likes this.

Other cars:
2005 Pontiac Vibe
2005 Ford Excursion
2000 Dodge Durango
2003 Mercedes E320
2-2018 Ford Fusions
2013 Ford Fusion
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 19, 5:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tom

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------After you cross the Susquehanna (pay a toll) -------------------------------------

The I-95 bridge over the Susquehanna is is a toll bridge????????????
How much is the toll?

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in