Delta airlines - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Delta airlines

My Gson stayed with us for a week this was planned in august so I called Delta and talked with an agent and explained I needed a ticket for my 6 year old grandson to fly back home to Ky. from Fl. (ex SIL dropped him off) so the agent sold me a 1 way ticket and added $150 for an attendant to take care of the minor child, cool all is good, last sunday when he got here my wife asked if I ever printed out the Email tickets and I said no and couldn't find the email but had written down the info so I called Delta and spoke to an agent gave the confirmation and flight info and she said everything was good and sent me an email to print out, cool , so yesterday just for the heck of it I called again to confirm everything and again told by a human being all good, today we go to TIA and you guessed it ALL BAD, the original agent sold me a ticket that wasn't non stop and 5 to 7 year old kids can only fly non stop and couldn't do anything but refund our ticket, my wife said I want to see a supervisor but she couldn't be found WTH, then the counter person/agent said try Southwest and we did and was surprised how helpful they were and kept apologizing for Delta, I said the hell with delta and thanked her for getting us a ticket and only 1 hr behind the delta flight, $50 for a minor instead of $150, ticket was a bit more being last minute but I'll never give delta another penny, it really had us stressed for a while, I guess that was a rant and it's over now just thought Id let everyone know about delta
Dean, LeoP, MarkP and 3 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 8:10 AM
Tech Team
Rick

Re: Delta airlines

Hello Rick,

Maybe you are aware, DELTA is an acronym. Two, actually;

Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport

Just figured you would want to know . . .

Another Rick
shovelrick likes this.

1970 El Camino under Reconstruction - 5.3L LS VORTEC Engine and 4L60E Transmission
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 10:26 AM
Tech Team
Mike

Garage

I have to let you guys know a good Delta story, My in laws have been here since early September, they are both in their late 80's, we bought them round trip flights on the companion certificate I receive every year.

They were to fly back to central Penna. yesterday morning, Thursday night my mother in law came down with something with flu like symptoms, One of our daughters calls Delta to rebook, lady says, sure it will cost them $616.00 each, My daughter told her Thank you but I will need to check with my grand father first. She hangs up, Calls back gets another lady, tells her the problem, this Delta rep told my Daughter, that is terrible, lets see what I can do.

End result, In laws are flying home Tuesday, absolutely no charge, we have the tickets printed for them already.

I have written letters before for crappy service, I have also written them for times like this. I believe the service one receives is all about the person you are talking to and if they want to help.

Mike
71350SS, surmin69 and shovelrick like this.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Mike I do think the person behind the counter does make the difference, this was in the "special needs" counter line, I think that girl needed to be somewhere else IMHO, she wasn't even trying to help but I do think if we could have spoke with a supervisor we might have had a better outcome, my wife and I both got upset and just got the refund (luckily) and went over to Southwest IIRC Southwest had some bad publicity not too long ago but we're happy with them.
M Zeigler likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 2:07 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage
Always have had good experiences with southwest. As a skier, its my airline of choice since bags (skis) fly free. Attendants are always joking around in the flight....especially with my buddy when we flew when the superbowl was on a few years ago when they were getting crushed up until the last quarter or so.
Phila to Denver/Salt lake on southwest is a no brainer for me.
Try Frontier if you want to make Delta look accommodating.....their bad reviews online are hilarious.
shovelrick likes this.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 2:11 PM
Senior Tech Team

My sister is a widow of a former Western Airlines, and Delta Airlines employee that retired from Delta. He was a passenger cabin maintenance supervisor, led a group of workers that cleaned up the pass cabins between flights. Delta made his life a bit unhappy when they first bought Western. They told him he would be stationed at Joun Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, Ca., so, he and my sister bought a mobile home in Westminster, 8 miles from JWA. They were the 3rd mobile hime in the park, brand new.

Then, after all this was done, they promptly transferred him to Los Angeles International (LAX), some 50 miles north up the 405 freeway, one of the most traveled freeways in So. Cal. They refused to move him back to JWA. So, for the next 26 years, he drove back and forth in his Volkswagon station wagon, Westminster to LAX, and back. The ONLY redeeming factor, he managed to get a permanent graveyard shift, so he ended up always driving against the traffic.

I have to mail her Delta survivor's ongoing retirement pay forms to their Phoenix offices in the morning, so she can get her deceased retired employee surviving spouse retirement payments sent for another year.

If I have to go some place on an airplane, it is never via Delta.
shovelrick likes this.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 2:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron

Delta sucks. Really bad. Don't go there. Too many bad experiences...
shovelrick likes this.

My car is here:

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 2:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory

If you fly enough you will eventually have equally poor experiences with all the airlines.
oman, surmin69, MarkP and 3 others like this.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 3:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bart

Garage

If you fly enough you will eventually have equally poor experiences with all the airlines.

How right you are....
shovelrick likes this.

69SS Daytona yellow
L35, M-20, 3.73

"AC's 2 by 75...... you roll'em down & drive

"Time treats everybody like a fool"
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 5:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
I agree I do a decent amount of flying for work and Delta is by far my favorite. With that being said I've had bad experiences with all of them.
shovelrick likes this.

1955 Ford Thunderbird
1969 Triumph TR6
1972 Chevelle - 396, 4 Speed
1992 Acura Integra
2002 Yamaha R1
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 5:56 PM
Tech Team
Greg

Got to laugh at some of the demands placed on airlines, nobody would ever require a taxi cab to cover meals or hotels but lots of people demand that from airlines. No wander it is so expensive to fly, it’s a glorified taxi cab people they owe you nothing but getting you to point “B” from point “A”.

Life is too short for caring about every bodies else's stuff
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 6:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

I always try and use reward points to fly when possible. It's been quite a while since I tried to book a flight on Delta with my frequent flier account because I could rarely get seats on a flight we wanted.
Delta allowed very few available seats for reward.

Southwest however is awesome. If they have an open seat, It's yours.
shovelrick likes this.

67 Sport Sedan (project)
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 6:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Craig

FWIW - My grandsons flew solo from Charlotte to Detroit on American in August. Everything went well and the charge was $150 for both. American will only sell unaccompanied minor tickets for direct flights. The tickets saved me two 12 hour drives to Pick them up. See below for a glimpse of their visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5199511D-8259-4A87-B892-1082F65D4577.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	605478  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 6:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs66 View Post
American will only sell unaccompanied minor tickets for direct flights.

Lets take a poll on "What is the definition of a "DIRECT" flight.

Go ahead - give it your best shot.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 19, 7:13 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
Lets take a poll on "What is the definition of a "DIRECT" flight.

Go ahead - give it your best shot.
Definition? Yours or mine? I'd just say that expecting a direct flight to be non-stop likely will be disappointing.

So here's one back: Guaranteed "direct fit" for your ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in