LS6 Barn Find With Small Block Tach - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 7:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
LS6 Barn Find With Small Block Tach

Hope they come up with the motor.

VIN 136370F130239
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LS6BarnFind.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	603716  
70SSTHUMPER likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 9:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
RonO.

Garage
Re: LS6 Barn Find With Small Block Tach

Always enjoyed Patrick's posts, he is very helpful in educating others about the details of these cars, great find.

1970-LS5, #28- Fathom Blue,TH400, original motor car.
1970- NOM, 496, M21, #48 Forest Green.
1972- Malibu, 350. TH350- original motor car, #43 Gulf Green.
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 7:34 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Bullet holes....very interesting..... "don't mess around with someone else's girlfriend"

Probably why the engine is missing too. Blew it up trying to escape the bullets?

Pure speculation on my part.
1943MB likes this.

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 11:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70SSTHUMPER View Post
Always enjoyed Patrick's posts, he is very helpful in educating others about the details of these cars, great find.
Glad I read it was another one of his videos before I wasted my time clicking the link. Saved me from having to click it off.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

Best ET: [email protected] MPH

post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 11:21 AM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSS454 View Post
Glad I read it was another one of his videos before I wasted my time clicking the link. Saved me from having to click it off.
I agree Tom
mr 4 speed likes this.

70 Chevelle SS396 (496) Straub roller, 700r4
69 Malibu convertible (sold)
95 Z28 Convertible T56 6 speed
TC #54 Gold

post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 11:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I don't always come across barn finds,but when I do I never lose my shirt
BlueSS454 and Derek69SS like this.

post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

I've watched the video a couple of times and if he said how he knows it use to be an LS6, I missed it.

post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 12:28 PM
Gold Member
Gene

I thought the dude was a male stripper or gay the one time. Either is OK, us gnostics dont judge, but we're free to choose as well, so naw, no thanks pal. Not so much an expert either.
mr 4 speed and BlueSS454 like this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 12:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I've watched the video a couple of times and if he said how he knows it use to be an LS6, I missed it.
He targets an audience that doesnt know any better to make himself look like he knows what hes talking about in order to gain notoriety.
mr 4 speed and 427L88 like this.

post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 12:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
He targets an audience that doesnt know any better to make himself look like he knows what hes talking about in order to gain notoriety.
Don't pick on Patrick or he'll sic his dog on you.

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 1:56 PM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

Quote:
I met him once, a real arrogant know it all, I felt like he was talking down to me like I was a kid. I don't know it all and will admit it, but he acts like he is the only one that knows anything about Chevelles.

70 Chevelle SS396 (496) Straub roller, 700r4
69 Malibu convertible (sold)
95 Z28 Convertible T56 6 speed
TC #54 Gold

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 2:53 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Nothing against Patrick, but that seems to be the way of the DIS-Information Age.

Not for nothing Ron, but you do know your way around a Chevelle compared to mere "civilians".
azchevs likes this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 3:12 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

OK, he says the engine with the matching VIN on it is there but then why no image of it in the video?
It's a mystery.

(I asked him that on Facebook no reply yet.)

post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 3:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToocoolZ28 View Post
I met him once, a real arrogant know it all, I felt like he was talking down to me like I was a kid. I don't know it all and will admit it, but he acts like he is the only one that knows anything about Chevelles.
The word you are looking for is asshat.
ToocoolZ28 and mr 4 speed like this.

post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 5:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

on Facebook he stated the original engine is known in the town where the car was found, and was trying to get it.

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in