'65 wagon - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

16Likes
  • 1 Post By boyd66k20
  • 7 Post By keithb
  • 1 Post By Clint44
  • 1 Post By Bonkerman
  • 2 Post By 1966_L78
  • 2 Post By langss
  • 1 Post By Clint44
  • 1 Post By langss

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 19, 7:21 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Garage
'65 wagon

65 wagon, 4 speed, 409. Wagon lovers here ya go.

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ct...974128610.html
LeoP likes this.

66 SS-396/425 - M22 -3:73 -12 bolt
USN-SSBN 645-G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 19, 7:52 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

Re: '65 wagon

why no pictures of under the hood. after all that is the selling point of the whole car. and they need to loose that ugly hood
1966_L78, Steve R, 71350SS and 4 others like this.

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 19, 8:26 PM
Clint

I don't remember dual quads being available on the 1965 409's, just a single four barrel. That was the last year for 409's.
Would be a very cool street machine, to own. If it's nice, that's a very reasonable price, IMO.
Steve R likes this.

Clint Hooper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 19, 8:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eugene

That would be a good looking car with a stock hood on it. I like the jumbo vacuum gauge.
BMR Sales likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 19, 10:28 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkerman View Post
That would be a good looking car with a stock hood on it. I like the jumbo vacuum gauge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 12:05 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint44 View Post
I don't remember dual quads being available on the 1965 409's, just a single four barrel. That was the last year for 409's.
Would be a very cool street machine, to own. If it's nice, that's a very reasonable price, IMO.
The ad says "factory 4-speed", but nothing about "factory" 409 car...

Seems odd that there are absolutely NO engine pictures... The 409 is the selling point of the car...

I wonder if it has the 12-bolt...
Steve R and augy like this.

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 12:21 AM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

Quote:
You are correct...the 396 became the Flagship engine....but Dual Quad Manifolds were a dime a dozen in the middle 70's. I think I had 5 at one time including the one on my Impala. The Single Quad were harder to come by for some reason.

Ideas are like children: there are none so wonderful as your own.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 12:30 AM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
The ad says "factory 4-speed", but nothing about "factory" 409 car...

Seems odd that there are absolutely NO engine pictures... The 409 is the selling point of the car...

I wonder if it has the 12-bolt...
I only ever saw (1). I was working on my Impala at my Fathers, and this car pulls up out front. One of the neighbors kids gets out, and the driver gets out and we start talking... He looks at my engine and says, he has one to...I'm thinking ya right its a 65 Impala...He pops the hood and there it is in all it glory.....And the Owner says...She's Real Fine My 409..... I laughed...he was serious....That was 1968.
LeoP and boyd66k20 like this.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 11:23 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by langss View Post
You are correct...the 396 became the Flagship engine....but Dual Quad Manifolds were a dime a dozen in the middle 70's. I think I had 5 at one time including the one on my Impala. The Single Quad were harder to come by for some reason.
About ten years ago, I owned a 1961 409 engine, single carb, rated at 340hp. Tried to find a nice affordable 61 bubbletop Impala for a couple years so I could build a restomod/clone SS.
Never found a decent car and someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, on the 409.
langss likes this.

Clint Hooper

Sold
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 12:00 AM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

Quote:
About ten years ago, I owned a 1961 409 engine, single carb, rated at 340hp. Tried to find a nice affordable 61 bubbletop Impala for a couple years so I could build a restomod/clone SS.
Never found a decent car and someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, on the 409.
I actually tracked my old car down....Its around, but its lost its history, and of course the engine is long gone, but I still have memories, and a few minutes of Video.
Clint44 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in