Interest in a new club. - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

View Poll Results: What is your interest area for a new Chevelle Club?
Printed periodical 30 36.14%
Online periodical 38 45.78%
Forum 68 81.93%
Archive of technical resources 63 75.90%
Help hotline 17 20.48%
National event 52 62.65%
Club discounts 40 48.19%
Advertising opportunities 5 6.02%
Participating in a leadership group 9 10.84%
Documentation or authentication services 32 38.55%
Add your own ideas 10 12.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 3:01 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage
Interest in a new club.

When I first found “Hot Cars and Cold Beers” I was searching for information for a new El Camino project in 1995. I found the ACES website which had a link to what it referred to as its technical forum. I joined both. Here I am 24 years later.

NCOA is gone. ACES is gone. This website, as many of us new and loved it, is in decline. There are some great Regional Clubs that I want to acknowledge. However there is nothing central to me or available on a national basis.

If you are interested in joining a new Chevelle club, please select the areas of interest to you.

The premise of this post is that a new club is warranted. If you are not interested, please post your own thread about how a new Chevelle Club is not needed or won’t work. I don’t want to be disagreeable in my own thread.

Mencken: “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 3:53 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
Re: Interest in a new club.

I would definitely be interested in one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 4:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I would be interested

TC #0672
1972 SS 454 M22
"W " Code Midnight Bronze
post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 5:59 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Is the Houston Chevelle Club still active?
HoustonChevelles.com

post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 6:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

I checked off most of the boxes. I personally don't have any need for advertising and unfortunately don't have any extra time to be able to participate in a leadership role. The latter point will probably be the biggest hindrance to starting and growing this kind of organization. Most people just don't have the extra time to take on those kind of responsibilities. I do think it's a great idea and hope that it can be brought into reality. I am willing to be a paying member for something like that.

70 LS5 convertible
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 6:33 PM
Senior Tech Team

We really need to figure out a way to create something to bring back the spirit of what this place was. It's concerning how little traffic this place generates lately.

We also need to figure out a way to keep everyone in touch in case this website becomes defunct. I'd really hate to lose the reference resources this site has accumulated over 20+ years. Maybe there's a way to get everyone over to Chevellestuff?

Online I'm in for anything with one HUGE exception; any type of Social Media like FB or IG. I will not use those sites under any circumstances.

I'd love to see a National Event happen again. I was never able to make it CB, but I'd love it something like that was on the calendar again.
TW, blm, surmin69 and 6 others like this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 6:49 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

I agree the site is in decline. I have noticed this for several years. I am trying to do my part by participating and I start threads that I hope are of interest and things that haven't been discussed a multitude of times.
NickeyChevelle and rjt427 like this.
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 19, 10:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete 67 View Post
We really need to figure out a way to create something to bring back the spirit of what this place was. It's concerning how little traffic this place generates lately.

We also need to figure out a way to keep everyone in touch in case this website becomes defunct. I'd really hate to lose the reference resources this site has accumulated over 20+ years. Maybe there's a way to get everyone over to Chevellestuff?

Online I'm in for anything with one HUGE exception; any type of Social Media like FB or IG. I will not use those sites under any circumstances.

I'd love to see a National Event happen again. I was never able to make it CB, but I'd love it something like that was on the calendar again.
Right Pete...I often think of how fortunate we are to have all this free knowlege available. How can we catalog all the valuable info readily available on this site?

67 Sport Sedan (project)
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 7:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Always wanted to debut my car at Chevellabration, but I just finished the car and that show is long gone. I could never have completed the restoration without the help from members on this site. A national club would be awesome. Count me in.
Pat_McNeil and caminonut like this.

Team Chevelle Member (19 years and counting...
)

'72 Chevelle Convertible (Mohave Gold) (all SS options, no SS badging)

2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver) RIP April 2013
--> Replaced with 2004 Pontiac GTO (Barbados Blue)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche (Sunset Orange Metallic)
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 9:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

This site may be in a slight decline, but there is much more activity here than at Team Camaro.

I have been over there for 10 years. It has gone down tremendously.

I think the reason is the new cars are in an era of unbelievable high-performance, which draws attention away from the old musclecars.

We were doing ok until the 2009 Camaros and Vettes arrived. The LS3 is a very impressive engine.

But there is no car like the Chevelle and won't be again.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 1:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

I didn't get my Chevelle roadworthy until Chevellabration was gone. I'd be interested........
davewho1 likes this.

66 Malibu

post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 2:46 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72soft-top View Post
Always wanted to debut my car at Chevellabration, but I just finished the car and that show is long gone. I could never have completed the restoration without the help from members on this site. A national club would be awesome. Count me in.
I think there were lots of guys just like you. I think the cost of a national show would be in the tens of thousands. Chuck had the connections to get sponsors, I don't know who would do these things nowadays.
That said, I know a bunch of Iowa chevelle guys willing to attend.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Scott W.
Electrical Engineer

700R4
This is how we roll:

post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 3:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red68chevL View Post
I think there were lots of guys just like you. I think the cost of a national show would be in the tens of thousands. Chuck had the connections to get sponsors, I don't know who would do these things nowadays.
That said, I know a bunch of Iowa chevelle guys willing to attend.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I live not far from Chuck. I miss those Chevelle shows he held in Goodlettsville TN.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 4:08 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

on the east coast Chevelle shows include the Maryland
Chevelle club show, the Northern Ohio Chevelle show, and the Carolina Chevelle show all well attended from people fair away, and I am sure there are others out west that I don't know about. not sure why you need a national show or club. unless the clubs that are already out there become chapters of the national clubs. but what good would that really get people. would it benefit the people restoring cars back to original to have real guidelines? then the shows would be go to more of a 'judged shows' then we will need a lot of people to donate there time to judge and learn the guide lines. if its info people are after then the archives of this site is always there. I my self don't have the time or extra capital to join more clubs that I can't do anything in. I left the Maryland club due to not going to any function beside the North East show and I preferred the mailed newsletter and not the online only one. I can enjoy my Chevelle without a club and I feel most others do too.

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 7:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Is the Houston Chevelle Club still active?
HoustonChevelles.com
This is really weird. I have lived in Houston for 60 of my 72 years and have had my Malibu since 1992.

This is the first I have ever heard of HoustonChevelles.com.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in