gf left me out of the blue - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

316Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 1:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gary

gf left me out of the blue

I was having some problems with my gf of over 3 years but nothing I thought was bad enough to end a relationship over. I'm an older guy 55 and she lived with me the last 2 years. I'm in pretty damn good shape, i lift eat right etc. I look years younger than I am. my gf just ended our relationship for a guy that looks like morty seinfeld. short bald and overweight. guy looks 70 years old. he has some money but I'm not broke . she only knew this guy a few months and moved in with him. i mean she left like she was in the witness protection program and left half her **** here. now she refuses all contact. I guess I spent to much time racing.I'm freaking astonished. why would she do this? any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 1:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gary

Re: gf left me out of the blue

anyway I'm pretty depressed over the whole deal. I was just divorced a few years before that
post #3 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:18 AM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Jim Mac

sorry to hear about your situation. But are you dedicating 110% of your time with her? you say you spend too much time racing. Is racing your #1 thing? wifes, girlfriends likes to know they are #1. they hate to take a backseat to cars, boats, golf, bars. jim
the heckler likes this.

Jim

70 chevelle, SS clone 454 4 speed
71 camaro. (owned since 1978!) 6-71 blown small block 400
66 chevelle 350 4 speed 3.55 12 bolt
66 el camino 350 th350 parts hauler
post #4 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:20 AM
Senior Tech Team

Sorry you have to go through that. Ghosting after a LTR is tough, hopefully things will get better for you soon.

Steve R
post #5 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gary

no I spent lots of time doing car stuff. I allways asked her to join me but she wasn't interested
post #6 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:37 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
anyway I'm pretty depressed over the whole deal. I was just divorced a few years before that
Don't be, she did you a big favor.
von, Pete 67, RAMBO and 27 others like this.

Clint Hooper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
post #7 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

I'm probably the worst advice giver around, but it sounds like you need cheering up. Try to look at it positively. You never get too old to move on. Besides, after three years, it ain't strange anymore. If she can do something like that, you can never trust her again. Maybe she was waiting to cash in on you when you croaked, and you weren't cooperating, so she decided to try someone closer to slipping on a banana peel. I say just spend a few weeks drinking, tell all your common friends how she has the cooch rot, then go fish for something fresh and enjoy life. Any road you take with her won't bring you happiness. Put her in the rear view ASAP, and look at what's coming down the road.
Pete 67, blm, dyno jonn and 11 others like this.
post #8 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:47 AM
Senior Tech Team

You guys lived together for over 2 years & she doesn't even have the decency to take your calls now? I'm gonna be the one to come out & say it. Good riddance. This is a blessing in disguise. The way I look at it, she's someone else's problem now. Any woman who does something like that is totally impulsive & completely self absorbed. Nothing in life will make her happy.

Yes it sucks at first. And yes you're gonna spend hours upon hours wondering what if. What if you did this or what if you did that. Trust me, you're wasting your energy. It's nothing you did or didn't do. It's all about her looking for more attention & distracting herself from her own issues.

In six weeks or six months, her new relationship is gonna go south & guess who the first person she's gonna call. Yes, you. That's when you'll have a decision to make. I hope you tell her to kick rocks.

In the meantime, don't hit the bottle too hard. Invest all of your energy into the gym & racing. You'll need those activities to distract yourself for a little bit. Keep your chin up...pretty soon it'll pass & you'll meet someone way better.
RAMBO, 427L88, Bow_Tied and 16 others like this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #9 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 2:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
mike

Quote:
no I spent lots of time doing car stuff. I allways asked her to join me but she wasn't interested
I'm 61, single, with a girlfriend who is 49, I tell her to take a hike at any time. Been divorced since 83,and I'm not losing half again. best move ever, No offense to you married guys, but women are expensive and moody. Kick her to the curb, find another one!
post #10 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 3:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

Have to agree with these guys. She did you both a big favor by taking herself out of the equation without adding the usual breakup drama and dragging stuff out.

Box up her stuff donate it to goodwill and go racing & have fun.
Steve R, dyno jonn, LeoP and 3 others like this.

Ben R.

-

post #11 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 5:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thumbs up Re: gf left me out of the blue

As long as she doesn't try getting any money out of you, take it as a win. Move on, find another one. Or don't. Carry on and have fun. Years ago I had a long term (3 years, is that long?) GF move out on me and start up with another guy. I was pretty upset back then but if I ever met that guy today I would shake his hand, buy him the best bottle of whiskey I could find, and thank him for taking off with that evil witch. I have been with my wife for 25 years now, married for 21, and she is the best woman ever. 10 years younger than me and still hot at 44. The long ago ex witch was 4 years older than me and I have seen current pics of her from common friends. Scary looking as hell now. Dodged a bullet on that one.
post #12 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 7:28 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Its a hit to the psyche for sure; but dont ruminate too much on it. It may have more to do with her insecurities and such rather than anything with you. Gotta choose better next time if there is one, although it is often a blind choice. Pete67 lays down some good advice above!~ I'm sure you feel slightly depressed, keep interacting with others, it helps.

Be well Gary.
joeyv69ragtop and LeoP like this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #13 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 8:21 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Quote:
This says it all. Someone that could leave at the drop of a hat, without going through a lot of emotional dialog to work on the relationship tells me she was not vested with the relationship. I know it stings but she probably did you a favor.

My father’s third wife left him without warning. She packed up and moved out of state. He was like, easy come easy go.

Mencken: “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
post #14 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 9:07 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Now you are free to find the right one. I was married for 14 years the first time, and it was pure hell after the first couple of years. Got divorced, met my "new" wife, and life has been a blur ever since. We owned our own business and worked together, rode to work together, ate together, slept together......never apart much at all. We're retired now and nothing else has changed.. We still enjoy every minute together. It'll be 35 years in November, time has just flown by.
Enjoy the search.

66 Malibu

post #15 of 128 (permalink) Unread Sep 3rd, 19, 9:22 AM
Tech Team

Garage

Any road you take with her won't bring you happiness. Put her in the rear view ASAP, and look at what's coming down the road.[/QUOTE]

Tough road to hoe. This is the best advice I can recommend. It's going to take some time so stay as busy as you can. Women, go figure, eh?

66 SS-396/425 - M22 -3:73 -12 bolt
USN-SSBN 645-G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in