gf left me out of the blue - Page 5 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 5:36 PM
Tech Team
Matt

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nazarah
Re: gf left me out of the blue

Usually being left out of the blue means that the other person was dove tailing the relationship. Sucks but it's true. Hell it's happened to me!

The only piece of personal advice I can give is don't disappear into the bottom of a bottle for long periods of time. I did that for longer than I care to admit after my divorce. It was a period of time filled with wild nights that I'll never remember, but the problems it brought along with it out weighed the fun. Thankfully no permanent problems

Never stop learning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 5:57 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

I can not believe some of the stuff posted here bad mouthing women.

I guess I'm one lucky guy to have had such a great wife for 62 years now.
SS427Rick, davewho1, reek and 5 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 6:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim

Garage

Being through a bunch of women, but never married and no kids, and I have to say I'm pretty fortunate. I've usually been the one to upset the relationship, but they all still love me (or hate me), and me them. I've been with the same woman now for 17 years which is a record for me, I can't believe she actually puts up with my crap, and vice versa. No matter what, any relationship is work, and full of compromise, it's just a matter of coming to the happy middle ground. And trust. Irrevocable trust. Without it, you have nothing.
68Chevele likes this.
post #64 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 7:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gary

Well I thought I trusted this chick I did a lot of car stuff and traveled out of town to go back to where my shop he has to work on my stuff and I left her by yourself quite a bit. I always ask her to go with me but she always declined so I felt bad about it and never said anything about her going out with her friends to this Winery well she started meeting all these douchebags there and lo and behold some old really ugly MF ER talked her into it. I guess it's my fault for not taking care of their relationship like I should have but she could have said something herself
post #65 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 8:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
Well I thought I trusted this chick I did a lot of car stuff and traveled out of town to go back to where my shop he has to work on my stuff and I left her by yourself quite a bit. I always ask her to go with me but she always declined so I felt bad about it and never said anything about her going out with her friends to this Winery well she started meeting all these douchebags there and lo and behold some old really ugly MF ER talked her into it. I guess it's my fault for not taking care of their relationship like I should have but she could have said something herself
Be thankful you didn't marry her.

She was not interested in anything you care about.

Once you find a woman who is, you will thank your lucky stars that she left you.

Keep your eyes open. The one for you is out there.
davewho1 likes this.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #66 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 9:14 PM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

Quote:
Again.... having been here myself and worked with countless guys that the same thing happened to....Disregard all of the negative that's been posted and focus on moving ahead....As I said before...Fixing blame solves nothing, and just makes you relive it looking for a solution that you no longer need. Whatever the reason is that she is gone....Oh well...She Is Gone....Its kind of like coming up with the answer to a math test...after the test has been passed in...Done, Over, End, Fini, Further down the road your going to look back on this and say......Boy.... I Really Dodged A Bullet With That One.....Trust me.....Just do what I have suggested, and you will be well on your way to putting this all behind you.....Believe me, I know its easy at my end to suggest what you should be doing, and feels like having to move Heaven and Earth at your end..... But in June of 2010.... I told my Stepson he needed to cut his losses and dump the second Wife....Notice.... "Second"...... He called me all kinds of names "Threatened" me, the list is almost endless, and here he is "Eight" years later, Broke, having to spend thousands on attorneys...She is taking him to the cleaners for "Alimony",you name it. And he would always have the same excuses.... She was out, every time he went on location for a movie. Ask us to watch the kids, Now my Wife has gone back to work just to help him out....its sad...do you see where I'm going with this.

Ideas are like children: there are none so wonderful as your own.
post #67 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 9:27 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I can not believe some of the stuff posted here bad mouthing women.

I guess I'm one lucky guy to have had such a great wife for 62 years now.
Well Dean,
There are a multitude of good women out there. Obviously you have one. I have been married for 32 years and I think I have a good one. However there are plenty of women out there that have earned and deserve those comments.
I think the point to be taken here is there are so many good women out there one shouldn't waste time with a bad one. If a woman doesn't want to be with you then most times you should just let her go. The majority of the time one soon realizes that they are better off.
von, ZZ69chevelle and slowmo55ss like this.
post #68 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 9:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gary

Unfortunately there's a lot of situations like that nowadays with women taking you guys to the cleaners even with all of the feminist movement permeating and to everything the guy still gets killed in divorce court I don't understand. My deepest sympathies. And yes I see where you're going
post #69 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 11:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
JOHN

I was married to my best friend for 25 wonderful years until her death almost 3 years ago , so I dont know the pain you are going thru , but I have my own Pain . I live life one day at a time and am not looking for Love again yet that is how We fell in Love , we were not looking for it . If I dont find Love again in that way Im OK because I have 25 years to look back on but if its meant to be Im open to it . Im not as Into Chevelle's as I was before as that was Our Thing together , her 72 Malibu vert was our vacation car and we drove it cross country many times . It mostly sits now as I cant bear to drive it often so now I build Classic Chevy Trucks , as I needed something My Own . Find your own New Thing and enjoy it and whatever else comes along . Good Luck .
Bow_Tied and 69SHEVL like this.
post #70 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 12:37 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

Cheer up you could be the guy she went to! probably on drugs too.

post #71 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 1:40 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
No reason to blame yourself for any of this. If she wanted to work it out, she could've brought some of her issues to the table. Try not to obsess on small details or things you cannot change. The only healthy path for you is moving forward.

Her new guy might or might not be a douche, but he didn't talk her into anything she didn't want. Some women need a life raft & are always keeping their options open.

I know it's hard to see any of this right now because you're still processing the loss. Once you can think clearly again & are not in the grief stage, it will become obvious that you are way better off.

One good thing you're doing is posting your feelings. It really helps to get it out. A friend once equated these feelings to "swallowing broken glass. you need to get it all out of your system" Another good friend told me once, "if you break down & want to call her, call me instead" So do yourself a favor & find that one good friend who you can call anytime of the day to shoot the bull instead of giving in & calling her.

It will get better, trust me. All it takes it time.
Bow_Tied, davewho1 and Tophog like this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #72 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 2:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

I'm only saying what you already know. If you have to change who you are or stop doing what you love just to keep someone around, you are with the wrong partner. Don't feel bad about who you are for one minute. She just wasn't the right partner. The right one will like doing those things you do, or at least support them, and that goes both ways. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow isn't yesterday, so leave her in the past and look towards the future. It can't happen all at once, so just be patient and make your mind up that forward is the only way. You've dealt with worse before. You got this.
post #73 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 2:51 AM
Nick

Everyone will have a different opinion here but, it comes down to her and her feelings of what her future holds. I heard some saying recently, the one who loves more has less control. I'm 40 and it took me over 20 years to find the one. People will say this to you but you don't want to hear it or believe it but it's true. Good. She did you a favor. She was not giving you the attention that you deserve. If you think so then you were just brainwashed for a lack of a better term. Asked cliche as it sounds, yes it's true there is someone out there who can treat you better or how you deserve to be. Don't fall for lust, fall for love. Lust is being physically attracted to someone. Love is mentally attracted to someone. In the end you won't die alone with true love.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #74 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 9:43 AM
CORVAIRWILD

Oh boy... Have I got a different story to tell... But I have to go to work. So many words of wisdom... My story is far different, but so similar. Maybe I'll chime in tonite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	190810_205738_COLLAGE-1_1567773243303.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	602530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190812-WA0045_1567773262228.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	602532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190812-WA0027_1567773288489.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	602534   Click image for larger version

Name:	190814_234950_COLLAGE-1_1567773318763.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	602536  

Name:	190817_100126_COLLAGE-1_1567773336860.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	602538   Click image for larger version

Name:	190818_135102_COLLAGE-1_1567773353275.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	602540   Click image for larger version

Name:	190817_100051_COLLAGE-1_1567773370143.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	602542   Click image for larger version

Name:	0904191855a_1567773409286.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	602544  

Name:	0831192359_1567773465873.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	602546   Click image for larger version

Name:	0831191850_1567773502271.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	602548   Click image for larger version

Name:	0826191826b_1567773577110.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	602550   Click image for larger version

Name:	0612191053_1567773679278.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	602552  

Name:	IMG-20190814-WA0055_1567773766099.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	602554  
post #75 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 9:45 AM
CORVAIRWILD

So instead of investing my money after my recent divorce, I went on a shopping spree. Here are most of what I bot. I can't find an image of the '63 Biscayne, also a 409, like the '62 BelAir and Impala, but all 3 are made up cars...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in