gf left me out of the blue - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 10:01 AM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

Re: gf left me out of the blue

Cars are better than a woman... With a car if it gives you trouble you just turn it off and fix it, with a woman you can't do that.

Your just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 10:04 AM
Tech Team
Chris

IMO a female leaning like thst had been done for a while. As we all know they are emotional creatures and for her to instantly move in with him I would say something had been going on with them for a while. I know it hurts now but you know what they say... best way to get over an old one is get under a new one. 😀

Chris-Phoenix,AZ
1967 Chevelle SS 396- 4 Speed
post #18 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 10:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
no I spent lots of time doing car stuff. I allways asked her to join me but she wasn't interested
Look for someone with common interests.

Sounds like she was a bad match.

There are women out there that like old cars

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #19 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 10:45 AM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

That happened to me way back when. It hurt like hell. She wasnt living with me though. As years went on, Ive had girlfriend's that were better than her!. I always thought at the time that if she hadn't left me then ,Id probably been married, and who knows, divorced from her. And I would of missed out on the other relationships. Be glad you weren't married and this happened. Hang in there and move on. Youll meet someone else without even trying. For your ex to just dump you out of the blue just shows how rotten she is.
I dont know the laws of tossing out her items she left behind,but Id find that out first, or next she might take you to court for that. Good luck with everything.
Kirk's67SS likes this.
post #20 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 12:45 PM
Tech Team
John

Garage

I know exactly what you need to get over her and cheer yourself up...treat yourself to another Chevelle and be happy you didn't hafta hear any crap from ur GF about "another car"....best of luck to you.
mr 4 speed, davewho1 and Tophog like this.
post #21 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 1:16 PM
Tech Team
Bob

Garage

You didn't lose your girlfriend, you just lost your turn. Don't obsess on it.

Stay focused on what makes you happy.

'66 El Camino, 327, 5 speed, 3.31 posi.

Custom painters don't screw up! They just add more graphics.

Moderator - nevadashooters.com
post #22 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 2:54 PM
Senior Tech Team
Daron

Garage

You are better off. Might not seem like it now, but it will.

1967 Chevelle SS
427 BBC
Straub Hydraulic Roller
Muncie 4 Speed
post #23 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 2:55 PM
Senior Tech Team
Daron

Garage

Sell all her crap and go buy some parts.

1967 Chevelle SS
427 BBC
Straub Hydraulic Roller
Muncie 4 Speed
post #24 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 3:42 PM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

Been there myself....I think its the insult to ones integrity that hurts. As others have said, this has been coming for a while, she just needed the shove to make it a reality.... So in my humble opinion here's what you do. First "Do" box up all her stuff left behind, But under no circumstance get rid of it or damage it in any way. Put it right by the front door ready for "Pick Up". That having been said....you need to get on with your life "Right Now". The only healthy way to look at this is that chapter in your life is over. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkittb This song should be your new anthem, and never look back. Whatever part of this failure was your fault....who cares now. Fixing Blame solves nothing. At some point someone will contact you about her stuff.....This is where you get to really shine....its ready for pickup (like water off a ducks back) no damage and nothing missing. Who ever comes to get it will see you (or not) and you don't have to say anything (the less said the better). You like to race, put that energy into your car. Oh and as a side note from years of therapy.....for the next relationship.... Find a Strong, Self Reliant Women, without her problems.
Kirk's67SS, 69SHEVL and Tophog like this.

Ideas are like children: there are none so wonderful as your own.
post #25 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 4:13 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
I was having some problems with my gf of over 3 years but nothing I thought was bad enough to end a relationship over. I'm an older guy 55 and she lived with me the last 2 years. I'm in pretty damn good shape, i lift eat right etc. I look years younger than I am. my gf just ended our relationship for a guy that looks like morty seinfeld. short bald and overweight. guy looks 70 years old. he has some money but I'm not broke . she only knew this guy a few months and moved in with him. i mean she left like she was in the witness protection program and left half her **** here. now she refuses all contact. I guess I spent to much time racing.I'm freaking astonished. why would she do this? any ideas?
Several years ago, the same thing happened to me. My girlfriend left me for another guy she met while on vacation with her friend. When she came back from her trip, she announced me that she was leaving me for that other guy who lived far (Alberta) from me. For a while, I was sad, depressed and didn't feel like doing nothing… I started to go out a bit, met a few women but nothing serious. Then one day, I found the "right one" for me in the house next to mine! She was my neighbour but I didn't know at the time that she was single. We started dating and we've been together for 16 years now. Through all this, I've learned that sometimes something painful happens to you, it's tough to go through but after finding someone better you realize that's her leaving you was the best thing that could happen to you even though you didn't see it that way because you were sad.
Now's the time to hang out with the ones you love, family, friends, and also to make new friends and eventually you'll look behind and be glad that you'll have found someone which is better suited for you!
Good luck!

Claude.
mr 4 speed, RAMBO, 427L88 and 3 others like this.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
post #26 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 4:14 PM
Tech Team

Garage

Very few women up and leave without a plan in place. This was in the works for months.

Grieve for another hour, then move her crap out to the front porch, text her to come pick it in the next 3 hours while you go catch a movie and have a meal. Tell her it must be gone by the time you get home or its going to St. Vincent De Paul. When you get home and her crap is still there, call St. Vincent De Paul and they will come pick it all up, haul it away, and repurpose it. Then move on to better things while not looking back.

'69 Malibu
post #27 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 5:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint44 View Post
Don't be, she did you a big favor.

Quote:
and left half her **** here. now she refuses all contact. I guess I spent to much time racing.I'm freaking astonished. why would she do this? any ideas?
Watch out,be careful, it looks like she's setting you up for the old "I made a mistake I never should have left you, you're the best thing that ever happened to me" please take me back, line of bullshete
Give it some time and think about what's best for you at this time in your life.
Kirk's67SS likes this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #28 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 5:34 PM
Tech Team
David

Women are like buses. Don't chase after them, you'll only get hurt and there will be another along on schedule anyway.

later, dozer

"Look Stock and carry a Big Block"
Raube Wan
post #29 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 5:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Good deal, you should be happy to be rid of her.
Trust me, you will find another nicer Gal.
Pack up her stuff and change your locks, make sure she didn't clean out your bank accounts.
Kirk's67SS and 69SHEVL like this.

Auto Upholstery Trimmer since 1977
Palo Alto Upholstery 650 326 6414
1967 Chevelle Super Sport 4sp.
1953 Chevy Bel Air 4 door.
1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 dr Hard Top.
1968 Chevy C20 CST Longbed.
1967 Malibu 396 Powerglide.
post #30 of 129 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 6:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gary

thank you all you guys for the great comments.yep women usually get a new guy before they get rid of the old one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in