Team Chevelle banner

This about what our car shows amount to.

4K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  Flipper 
#1 ·
Lot of it is what you have laying around I guess.

#2 ·
I find it too bad that some guys need to do this at car shoes… My question is Why do this at car shows? Isn't there any other place or event they could do it instead of the shows?… I find it takes away some "seriousness" or "professionalism" away from car shows. I've seen it done several times and needless to say I've never gone back to these shows the following years. It's like if some guys need to let loose and this is what they found to draw people's attention… but for the wrong reasons :( I even saw some shows where they have "burnout contests" and when I see them advertised on car some show flyers I instantly throw the flyer in the recycle bin and never go to them.

Claude.

#10 ·
There are street squirrels everywhere when it comes to car shows. I live in the Twin Cities and when the Summer Cruise is ending some of these guys can contain themselves to roast the hides. I have challenged some to a grudge race at the track but almost all of them turn me down. We used to have a Mustang group up here about 10 years ago they were the biggest idiots after a car show always lighting up their tires, big deal so you can do a burnout. Yawn.

#11 ·
The guys that are the loudest when it comes to claiming high horsepower levels or doing burnouts when leaving a car show are never going to ever point their car down the business end of a dragstrip. You can tell anyone within ear shot whatever fictitious number you want and a large percentage of people will believe you, but the BS stops as soon as a time slip is involved.

Steve R

#15 ·
And the clown in the green PU was doing all this stuff within a few feet of spectators and other vehicles. Not just once, but many times. Where were the cops? Or even a car show official to tell him to knock it off?

That is a disaster waiting to happen. What an idiot.....:clonk:

#17 ·
Want to see a car show fail??? Have it AT a dragstrip. Its easy to spout of performance numbers and ET's and do big burnouts on the street. Call the cars to the staging lanes and see how many more excuses there are for the cars to NOT go down the track.

#22 ·
They have been doing the no time grudge stuff at our local track. B O R I N G
like the car show crowd. People who go to drag strips relate to the ET and mph. The "Grudge" bs is for TV with scripted formats. I understand your point about the car show mentality. Primarily posers.:|

#20 ·
Someone's parents never gave him enough attention when he was a kid...

#24 ·
I know a few guys who do the no-time grudge-racing stuff, and it looks like a lot of fun for them, but it sucks as a spectator.

#25 ·
We've always just called it "heads up" racing - first to the finish line wins, time really doesn't matter.

Basically the same thing that is happening on backroads all over the place in the middle of the night when people get together to see who has the fastest car on any given run down the road. Obviously people are enjoying it, or it wouldn't be happening off the drag strip. Same exact thing that is being done on the Street Outlaws shows (last I checked, they don't have any posted times, it's just the first from A to B >:) )

In this case, it's happening at the drag strip, so at least it is safer and in a more controlled environment, so I'm all for it.

#27 ·
Considering the odd selection of cars and trucks ( grandma's car ) and the disorganized way things were layed out, the spinning truck stole the show.

This is what happens when you don't register your event through the local authorities , pay your fee and have a cop there to make sure imbeciles like that don't ruin it. Which means you need a few sponser's that have a few bucks along with admission tickets and vendors.

These guys were running a three ring car show on a shoe string budget and apparently no one amoungst them had the gutts to stop that dope from spinning donuts. Somebody should have been designated the security part of their event. Did they have any portajohns ? Or an emergency vehicle ? This is why you need to follow the rules and be prepared and not slam something together on the sly. No insurance , no nothing. These things cost money if you follow the rules. Otherwise your asking for big trouble. What if that guy had hit some kid at your event.

Finger's going in every direction as to who's to blame. You won't be seeing much more of these thrown together car displays where a crowd of at least 50 is expected to show. This isn't the ole days and event organizers are liable for everything that goes wrong.

#28 ·
I don't know the guy that organized the show & not sure what he's trying to do.
They had a couple of porta potties, couple of vendors, food & some tire guy, no police or emergency vehicle.
I just try to stay away from the shenanigans.

Reactions: HKalin and Steve R
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.