Ground Up Thumbs Up - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Location: White Bear Lake, a northeast suburb of St. Paul, MinneSNOWta
Garage
Ground Up Thumbs Up

I'm in the process of changing over to a Cowl Induction Hood to my '69 'Bu. I shopped around for the best prices on the various parts that I need to complete the swap. Whereas, I didn't check every single retailer, I found that Ground Up Restorations had the lowest prices on the pieces I needed as well as reasonable shipping costs -- a change from what I've experienced.

Since I've been somewhat critical of Ground Up's shipping costs in the past I felt that I owed them a thumbs up on this one.
HKalin likes this.

Our You Tube Vids:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 12:47 PM
Tech Team

Garage
Re: Ground Up Thumbs Up

I fired them for their extremely poor, and downright cocky on occassion, customer service.

'69 Malibu
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2Fast View Post
I fired them for their extremely poor, and downright cocky on occassion, customer service.
Me too. Have you tried them lately??? They have been made aware of their issues and change can happen. Just sayin'.
spaceace77084 likes this.

Our You Tube Vids:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 1:14 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

I used to go right down to there showroom to buy parts. At that point Theresa was mostly at the counter and she always treated me good as well as anyone else that was working the counter. I always noticed if the owner was around it seemed like you weren't good enough to at least say hello too. I just went to one of there "Cars and Coffee" events. The owner came out the back to get a donut and didn't even say anything to anyone. Now I haven't been down there in a few years now and Theresa went by and noticed me and asked how I was doing.
Pete 67 likes this.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 1:21 PM
Tech Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickeyChevelle View Post
Me too. Have you tried them lately???
After three times, they will NEVER get any more of my money. But I do agree about the "change" thing. I changed which vendor I do business with as I learned my lesson.

'69 Malibu
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 1:28 PM
Tech Team
Rame

Garage

Ordered a rebuilt steering column from them last year, waited over a month and a half for it with no updates, sent them a message and suddenly the next day had a ups invoice and tracking, maybe the forgot about it? But they were friendly and the price was hard to beat, I'll use them again if needed. No problems with the steering column btw, but they out source that to some unnamed company somewhere in Texas.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 6:24 PM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickeyChevelle View Post
I'm in the process of changing over to a Cowl Induction Hood to my '69 'Bu. I shopped around for the best prices on the various parts that I need to complete the swap. Whereas, I didn't check every single retailer, I found that Ground Up Restorations had the lowest prices on the pieces I needed as well as reasonable shipping costs -- a change from what I've experienced.

Since I've been somewhat critical of Ground Up's shipping costs in the past I felt that I owed them a thumbs up on this one.
But have you received it yet? Got the final charge? Good luck.
spaceace77084 and Not2Fast like this.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15
[img]

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 7:54 PM
Tech Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by von View Post
Oh, he'll get the final charge on Monday morning. The item will be out of stock, but they won't notify him. They will wait until a week goes by w/o any tracking info prompts him to call and check up on it. After all, it's called customer service for a reason. As in the customer has to call and request service.

Hopefully, he has a different experience though. I hate to see a guy get jammed up by a vendor that doesn't give a sh!t.

'69 Malibu
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 19, 8:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by von View Post
So harsh.

Our You Tube Vids:

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 19, 9:34 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

GU would not replace/refund a defective carpet that had the drivers floor pad molded on the wrong location. Had to eat that cost. They won’t get another $0.01 from me.

Team Chevelle Member (19 years and counting...
)

'72 Chevelle Convertible (Mohave Gold) (all SS options, no SS badging)

2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver) RIP April 2013
--> Replaced with 2004 Pontiac GTO (Barbados Blue)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche (Sunset Orange Metallic)
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 19, 11:11 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

I've bought many times from Ground Up and never had a bad experience but not denying it has happened to others. If they are rude and screwing customers perhaps they have been getting screw the customer lessons from ILT. If you are going to learn then learn from the best.
HKalin likes this.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 19, 1:33 PM
Tech Team
Jim

They have always been good to me. But then, I'm always in there buying rather than them shipping to me. Teresa was always good to me as well....
HKalin and V1rotate like this.

72 SS 402/4 speed/Straub roller and a bunch of Duramaxes.....
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 19, 3:24 PM
Senior Tech Team
kevin

spent a lot of coin with them too... all I can say is don't use your best southern accent when you contact them... best to deal with over the internet.....
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 19, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Garage

Tuesday: All items shipped. No Back Orders. No increases in costs. Order to be delivered by end of day on Thursday.

So far so good.
von likes this.

Our You Tube Vids:

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 19, 11:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I like having Ground Up 2 miles from my house. I used drive to NY to buy stuff from them 20+ years ago.
BlueSS454, mino65, HKalin and 1 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in