Just Curious, Been Stiffed By Amazon On Delivery - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 8:01 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Just Curious, Been Stiffed By Amazon On Delivery

This is a whiney rant. I am a Prime member, if that means anything. Had ordered a fuel pump on Saturday from Amazon because it was GUARANTEED to be delivered today (Monday). Could have even gotten it on Sunday from Summit racing if I would have driven there.
After waiting all day and seeing the Amazon delivery guy pass my house at noon, I finally decided to contact them about 5PM. Only to find out they have no idea where my order is but definitely not being delivered as promised.
This is not the first time Amazon has missed a scheduled delivery date. I went round and round with them for a hour only to have them promise me a Wednesday delivery which is very disappointing after I made my schedule around this pump being delivered.
At this point Amazon is not my favorite vendor. However think I learned my lesson about depending on them when something is needed by a certain time. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 8:06 PM
Tech Team

Garage
Re: Just Curious, Been Stiffed By Amazon On Delivery

email jeff bozo with your rant, and tell him how inconvenienced you were when his company failed to meet their shipping promise. you'll usually get an email back with a notice that they've extended your prime account for a month or two at no cost to you.

'69 Malibu
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 8:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Amazon sucks, and they don't care that they suck.
Todds68 likes this.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 8:36 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

You know, at one point I asked them what "guaranteed delivery" meant to them and they would not answer. Only saying that they understand and will try to get my pump to me as soon as possible. After some extensive whining by myself they offered a $15.00 discount on my next order. I almost told them to stick their discount but that would just be foolish.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 9:17 PM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

My wife orders a lot from Amazon. 99% of the time they do great but stuff does happen. Recently I ordered a pair of KYB shocks from them for my wifes Mustang that was on jackstands due to having to replace a bad tire, they were the last 2 in stock for a great price. Some how they wound up lost in Maryland, I live in Oklahoma and their next ship date would be Aug 10 when the stock was replenished. Ups lost track and I ordered the same shocks from Walmart for the same price and had them the next day. After a week of hmmming and hawwwing Amazon cancelled the order. With all the stuff they ship everyday sometimes things go wrong, I can accept that. They did give us $15 credit for the inconvenience.

Your just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 9:36 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send them a polite complaint. A couple of weeks ago a friend ordered a case of POR 15, it didnít arrive on the scheduled date, so he complained. They waived the charges and gave it to him for free even though it arrived the next day. I asked him if he felt guilty since he wasnít going to need it for close to a week after it was scheduled to arrive, he said he needed to pay for his prime membership somehow.

Steve R
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 9:45 PM
Super Mod
Mr Bill

I have been buying more and more from them and to be honest with you I am amazed at how they can deliver stuff as fast as they do.

That being said, if I needed a fuel pump in a hurry I would buy it local. I never order things online that I really need in a hurry.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
1984 Buick Riviera - original owner (Wife's car)
Team Chevelle #100
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 10:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Hi, my name is Al and I've been "Stiffed" on delivery times twice in thousands of orders. Beats the hell out of smelling the people of Walmart.

Speaking of Walmart, they often have the same products for less, you don't need a Prime membership, they have many items available for free next day shipping and at most 2 day shipping except for special items. Min order is 35 bucks.

I noticed lately that once I purchase an item at a fair price from Amazon, the next time I want to order the same item they jack the price and try to rape me.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 10:34 PM
Tech Team

Don’t have any issues, very rarely something doesn’t get delivered on time, I’m talking 1 out 200 times.

I think it’s amazing how they can deliver next day or 2 days free, no complaints and I don’t order life or death items from them 😊
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 10:44 PM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

Its not a perfect world, and The Amazon is trying very hard to prove that. I ordered some electrical connectors, and was content that they arrive whenever. However when they did arrive, they were not electrical connectors, but some sort of clamp and it was a big bag full. I jumped through the hoops and got the RMA....printed the label.....stuck it to the bag....and off to the UPS store. In the interim, my connectors arrive and all is good..... right????.....wrong. I got billed for the clamps...and no amount of effort on my part seemed to matter. I contacted the card company and they stopped the charge. I think we are done.....Wrong.....the bag with the clamps is returned undeliverable as addressed. I contact Amazon yet again and this time they tell me to just keep them....Are we done.....No.....I get an email from Amazon telling me that if I do not return the clamps, I will be billed. I contact Amazon, and they have no idea what I am talking about. I still have the clamps and not another word from Amazon.

Ideas are like children: there are none so wonderful as your own.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 19, 5:50 AM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
I have been buying more and more from them and to be honest with you I am amazed at how they can deliver stuff as fast as they do.

That being said, if I needed a fuel pump in a hurry I would buy it local. I never order things online that I really need in a hurry.
Same here. i buy for work and personal stuff. I dont think i have had any issues with shipping, but i have most things shipped to my house since sometimes things can arrive past work hours and im not sure what they would do with my package at work if they came across a locked gate.

I love having stuff shipped to me, rather than go out and get something. I might be guilty of relying on a vendors "quick" shipping a little too much though. at some point i am sure i will be dissapointed. I do always price shop car parts locally, sometimes the part store will do better with by online and pick up in store. i do this with Pep Boys all the time, you just have to watch the brand you are buying. Pep Boys is starting to come around from the days of "low priced junk car parts."
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 19, 7:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Garage

Iíve had a few orders go awry, but for the most part everything shows up on time. And I buy LOTS of stuff from Amazon (just ask my wife!)

Just last week I ordered an Okuma fishing rod to try my hand at trolling with leadcore line for trout. They sent me five rods. (And only charged me for one.)

I did return the extra four, Ďcause thatís who I am, but it wasnít overly easy to figure out how to send the extras back.
64elkynss likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 19, 8:00 AM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

I'm not a Prime Member and if I order something I will normally pick free shipping. I find most things I order come way before they say it would be delivered. Once when they had their own delivery service deliver my package I got a notice it was delivered along with a picture of the package where they left it. The picture didn't look familiar but I still looked out my front door to see if it was on my porch. It wasn't there but as I was closing the door I happened to look across the street at my neighbors garage and there was a package leaning against the door. Sure enough that was the picture went over and it was my package.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 19, 8:16 AM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage

I had a shipment get lost once so I contacted Amazon to complain that it wasnít delivered, even though tracking numbers said it was. No problem they said, and shipped another to me at no cost. Both showed up at my house the same day, 2 days later. Called them back and they told me to keep both of packages, about 50 bucks for each item. No complaints about Amazon shipping.

I have sent stuff to my son in Japan many times, often they beat the expected delivery date halfway across the world, no complaints with Amazon from me.

The problem with designing something completely foolproof, is you underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 19, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

To be honest they have missed delivery dates before. I just wasn't depending on those items. Thing is the item in question was "guaranteed" to be delivered on Monday. Not maybe on Monday but guaranteed. When someone guarantees or promises something to me I take them at their word. Doesn't matter if it is a person or corporation. Maybe that was foolish of me but I was not the person making the guarantee.
So that in turn makes Amazon a corporation that is not to be believed on any thing they state or claim. If they can't ensure their promises then they shouldn't make them.
Funny thing. They reordered another fuel pump and when I asked when it would be delivered they responded " it will be delivered on Wednesday and that is guaranteed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in